SamsonsReaper Speedpaintings

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
LabyrinthineMind: ah thanks alot , yeah sure i might post some process pics of my speeds. In the meantime you can check out my WIP

05 May 2006
Wow - nice WIP - your ability at textures blows my mind, the background trees/cliffs looked unbelievable. I agreed with some of the crits given on the final piece about the people in the piece, but even then - I like your concept.

Can't wait to see more finished works!

-L.H.

Portfolio

05 May 2006
LabyrinthineMind: thanks

05 May 2006
^^ I'm so jealous. I just haven't any CLUE how to do that cool, confident, concept art style.

I wish I did... maybe I could do all the crap that's rattling around my head if I could!

-L.H.

Portfolio

05 May 2006
tutorials, fellow great artists, old masters, movies, photography are some of my inspirations

05 May 2006
Inspiration isn't the problem - it's technique - I wouldn't even know how to paint like that - of course I have never tried either.

And why on earth would there be tutorials on concept art? It's... unifinished art, just meant to sketch out something in a basic way so you can finish it later, usually in another medium and/or resolution.

What I'm saying is that the confident brush strokes are what I lack. Since I've been doing this way less than a year (and I mean, from stick figures...) I just don't have the confident drawing ability to just toss down strokes... and I envy that.

It's all practice I'm sure - but it sure looks nice from the n00b side of things

-L.H.

Portfolio

05 May 2006
watched "v for vendetta" got inspirrered

05 May 2006

05 May 2006
omg evil santa ...great luminosity though. Keep posting!

05 May 2006
This is amazing stuff, so much speed and liveliness in it! Do you plan to develop any of these in the future? And I agree with LM on the confident strokes; did you have any professional training or is this just the results of loads of practice? (and practice on what - grayscale? landscapes? figures? anatomy? etc.) Just wanting to know, as a beginner, how you got to this point. BTW the V for Vendetta one is my favourite, I like all the spanish passionate reds.

05 May 2006
Maladie:thanks, There is a few that i choose to develope further once in a while but none of these though.

Its all practice , with help from movies, cartoons, artists,landscapes,figures,poses,movements. I like to work with colors so its not so much greyscale.

05 May 2006
See, that's why this style is so cool, because not one line is wasted, it's there for a reason. I wouldn't be able to do anything like it in a million years.
This is killer stuff, man! Big fat thumbs up!

BTW, love that colosseum pic, building looks so big and deep, and i like the colours in the first one on this page.

Last edited by pap87 : 05 May 2006 at 02:54 PM.

05 May 2006
really good stuff in here

my favs are #2, #4 & #14

nagyon jo ( however you write that )

beszélek egy pizit, de nem tudok irni

Sketchbook

05 May 2006
Vahn: ah kösz gondoltam hogy tudsz magyart

And here is a speedie i will develop further , posting a wip later, join in on the progress

05 May 2006

I really like the guy in the front and the colorscheme. Not so much the bg tough .. cant get friendly with those big wires in the center ..they take too much attention. looking forward to how you develop this

Sketchbook

Thread Closed share thread