Hiiri's random string of sketches

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by frostblade: That booty is looking so nice that I'm starting to doubt if I actually like guys lol.

Me too!!

Ok lame jokes aside, this looks great. I don't know what the original looks like but after seeing yours I don't think I need to!

01 January 2007
CyborgJA: Thank you girlie! I wish I could submit mastercopies to Expose, hehe. I hope you're feeling better now and you'll dazzle us with your Bianca and Nero piece! *hugs*

Gisaiagami: Yes, he's fantastic! I'm so amazing how much you can learn by studying the works of the artists you admire, and what better way to study than to paint, huh? Thanks!

Blessing: Thanks bonita! I hope to finish the Bouguereau one soon, not much to do there now.

Salubri3i: You're right, her thigh/calf area is rather wrong.Thanks for pointing it out, I'm going to try and fix it

AnOldFriend:Thank you so much! I think I need to make a new sketchbook, I'm so embarrassed of the older sketches

anandpg:Thank you very much!

Runecaster: Thank you so much! I'm rather pleased with the wispiness in that area too! Using a textured brush as an eraser seems to help there.

frostblade:That's funny because everytime I'd work on her butt, I'd have the Sir Mix-a-lot song in my head (oh no, not again!) Thanks!

pap87: Heheh, thanks. Go look at the original, it is a gazillion times better. Man I wish I could see these in real life :( One day!

I've been meaning to paint a dark skinned guy (like a drow, but with facial hair) for ages now. The only thing that's stopping me is time, anatomy-rustyness and the fact that dark skin is soooo difficult to paint. With lighter skin you can do all sorks of tricks like transparency and all to make it look "real" but darker skin doesn't allow that, you have to play with the highlights there. So anyway, I thought I'd look at some cool tribal images on Flickr and I found an awesome set by amenove.(Flickr is a fantastic place to look into if you want to get inspired btw, amazing insect macros, underwater photos, people..aaahh.)

Anyway, here's a little head study from a photo by amenove.Hopefully, unless my laziness takes over, there'll will be lots more to come. Yea, I couldn't be bothered to paint the ear...even though I love doing that.

Last edited by Iridyse : 01 January 2007 at 03:26 PM.

01 January 2007
WOW Shreya, thats an outstanding work, can believe the detail in the skin is just amazing, I wish I be the half as good as you are, I must start to practicing again

01 January 2007
Wow, Shreya! That sketch rocks! It looks so real! And I agree with Mister Sol: half as good as you...

Back to practise!

*Huggles*

Bless

01 January 2007
Shreya, you want us all to die to heart attack don't you =O

it's SO AWESOME!

01 January 2007
aha! i knew it! those long bouts of silence from you only meant you were cooking up something in your evil laboratory you mad artist you! :P

[translation: it's fantastic work! :P ]

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by BlacKeri: Shreya, you want us all to die to heart attack don't you =O

it's SO AWESOME!

Exactly. Woman, I've already spent a week in hospital, please, put a WARNIN big as a palace before posting it eh

News with the exposé pic? :click: :click: :clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick:

01 January 2007
DigitalSol: Thank you so much! And you're very very good, stop saying that :P

Blessing: Thank you very much girlie Aim higher Where are your sketches?

BlacKeri: Of course not! *hugs* I want to see more art! Thanks

Salubri3i: Hahah, that gives me ideas for a painting Thank you! Here's the Bouguereau again, does the calf look better? I'm tired of it now :(

CyborgJA: Thanks girlie Expose pic soooon,I think.

Here's the almost finished version of L'Etoile Perdue. I might "finish" it off later, tired of it now. I also have a larger size (50% of the original, I had memory issues with saving the full size jpg). I spoke to Blessing about breaking up the highlights, so maybe this illustrates what I mean. I hope you find it helpful

Large version

Last edited by Iridyse : 02 February 2007 at 05:26 AM.

01 January 2007
Those 2 latest ones are wicked! looks like you can't stop getting better Iridyse!

02 February 2007
Shreya, the last two pieces are simply awe-inspiring. I'm not sure if I've seen skin quite captured like that way digitally. The subtle warm/cool temperature and translucency is masterful.

HelzerSketch Blog

02 February 2007
Oh,I like your pictures very much!
These girls are very beautiful!
I think I can learn to arrive at a little drawing artifice with you.

02 February 2007
Shreya, what can I say? Thanks a lot! It's REALLY helpful, and it's a pleasure too see that beautiful work!
Thank you so much, bonita! Thanks a lot!
I will study that image untill I get nuts (ok, I'm nuts already)

Congrats, Gos! Can't wait for more images from you!

*Huggles*

Bless

*Learning, learning, learning!*

02 February 2007
Well....honestly I don't know what I should write. Anatomy is perfect, colors too, technique too again...

Woman, I can only drool !

I especially admire the "leopard-fur" brush you used in the background. It's beautiful !!
Bravissima

02 February 2007
yes my lady
copy great artist soon too
but really love the your new paintings..

02 February 2007
the bouguereau is lovely.

eye candy. yum.

Thread Closed share thread