Frostblade's stuff for c&c

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
That tiny highlight on her lip made such a difference, wow. I think the lighting looks much better now (esp. the nose).

05 May 2006
Mmm. I think that you have got troubles with her eyes because of a basic 'error' rendering her skull's roundness.
If I take as 'fixed points' her jaw + right eye + mouth, I find a 'flattened' nose and a too visible left eye plus a wide dome.

Try to cover them with a white layer and then tell me if I'm right.

05 May 2006
I made her head shorter and her nose higher.
Moved the eyebrow down, added more lip to the right, right eye moved to the left a bit, added more texture, more work on hair.

By the time I got sick of it again it was more of a texture brush testing piece than anything else.

Here it is again:

Lighter version:

Last edited by frostblade : 05 May 2006 at 04:13 AM.

05 May 2006
That's...just...

It's absolutely brilliant! I can't think of anything else it would need. Well done!

05 May 2006
Excellent rendering! Good thing you gave it another go! Looks good anatomically, not much to say now.
modelling practice #1

05 May 2006
wow the update is gorgeous!! I really like her skin and her hair. The earring is a nice touch

05 May 2006
Frostblade, holy COW you did it on that last rendering -- it looks beautiful. Very well done!! Inspiring, truly.

-L.H.

Portfolio

05 May 2006
Sounds like time to start something else.

If anyone is interested I uploaded one of my better texture brush settings. The specks looks better or worse depending on the brush selected for the dual setting.

it does speckles...must use with tablet and light hand on layers and erase extra bits to get desired results. Recommended for building small areas of highlights and shadow.

I forget where I get the texture brush for the dual brush from... coz i just open up abr files... delete bad ones and then save the favs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example.jpg (13.5 KB, 100 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip texture.zip (7.0 KB, 23 views)

05 May 2006
Damn, which of those two pics are better? I like the contrast of the first one but I like the skintones on the second one. Nevertheless, that hair is awesome in both.
Looking forward to seeing your new piece.

05 May 2006
wow linda!

your latest piece just blows me away. i prefer the second image to than first though. the white spots look a little too strong. excellent piece.

05 May 2006
I really prefer the darker version of your pic but...it's a matter of taste !

Thank you for the brush, I'll try it right now.

Hope to see new pics soon !

07 July 2006

I'm trying to do this portait that my sister asked me to do a few years ago of her friend (who is dead now and it's not good to post dead people photos and I'm not allowed...the point of the drawing is to get a good representation of her since she doesn't have any good photos) but she keeps slamming the eyes are not right... and this is like the xth version. I've never met her and...umm... the digital ref looks like a thumbnail...then eye part is literally a blur....so this is a game of guess and crappy likeness direction.

Anyways the first one was done in March, then next one was in June and the last one was tonight. I pretty much pull that drawing out when I'm bored to redo the eyes, correct skin colour, the teeth or something to practice stuff. Just thought I'd post results to see how I can make the eye look even better.

08 August 2006

Cut of current painting.
I still haven't nailed the likeness...still not right shape etc.
...sigh...at least they look asian this time
I guess more practice for me then...lol

08 August 2006
OMG I thought that was a photo. When can we see the entire picture?

08 August 2006
Originally Posted by frostblade:

Cut of current painting.
I still haven't nailed the likeness...still not right shape etc.
...sigh...at least they look asian this time
I guess more practice for me then...lol

It's like a photo. Are you sure you want to obtain a photo-effect for your pic?

Thread Closed share thread