Bobby Chiu's Kuala Lumpur Subway Sketch Group 2005

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
Yeah he'll be proud awrite........as long as he can suck and suck all the money out of ppl in the name of creativity??? I just wanna @#$%%&%^* that guy.

I was there...I know.

06 June 2005
Hi i've been attending Bobby Chiu's original sketch group in Toronto for about 5 or 6 months now and it's been really great to learn from him!

This Malaysian group is absolutely awesome!! Everyone is sooo full of energy to do some sketching!

Bobby Chiu will teach you alot. He has for me and many others

06 June 2005
Talking

Kei Acedera : Thanks for the your post. Well, we are yet to start posting, but i guess we will start by this weekend. Hope Bobby chiu can find some time for us too.

shadoxicated , maranello55, Chien, G-hand, funnydoodle: we are on right? pls dont be late. Now can you all suggest a time? Sunday morning or we stay with that old timing of sunday afternoon 4.30? Or you want to make it to saturday? and, ya, location?

ms@zx : u not coming? confirmed?

Mysterious X: u coming mate? or too busy with school?

others: And the rest, who ever is interested, can you pls keep an eye on this thread? we are updating it soon.

And my details again.

Avi @ 016 3572 576 cdtavijit@yahoo.com.sg

06 June 2005
Im afraid i wouldnt be able to make it this time too mate. My sis i going to uni and i got to help her with her stuff...this weekend and next weekend....so....

The week after that ..we'll see....But I might do a session of my own after work....then post it. Can I???

06 June 2005
sure

maranello55 : sure man.
And in case you dont have web space, you can just email me.. and i will put it up online. okie? I understand we all have things to do. so in case we cant make it, we can just do on our own and post here.

for others: who needs web space to put the sketches, can you just email me? i will put it up online.

thanks

06 June 2005
another reply

ok, i dint want to post a reply and would have preferred to edit the post, but well, that might not inform you guys that there was an edit.

anyway, chien was suggesting we go to KLCC park. what say you? And what about the time?

Avi

Last edited by dbluewolf : 07 July 2005 at 03:31 AM.

06 June 2005
very devastating and deadly photoshop effect!

06 June 2005
Smile

sup...

if it's 2moro and the tming is specifed i can come, but you guys will have to decide, now 'm prettylocked down in tight schedule with this trip I'm in, jeepers, i got insomnia becuz of this. There is alsoa pretty good chanceI can't make too, due to all the luggage I hav to bring, my family's invlved in the new zealand trade, education n immigration bussiness.

yea... outstanding work bluewolf. I nevereven noticed those pics were cut, yo're good wit photoshop too ! guess I also have another person to learn photoshop from, I too am newbee.

06 June 2005
Originally Posted by chien: yea... outstanding work bluewolf. I nevereven noticed those pics were cut, yo're good wit photoshop too ! guess I also have another person to learn photoshop from, I too am newbee.

err.. did he get my joke ah

06 June 2005
ohh man,i'd probably wouldnt be able to make it until next month.got some of my personal stuff that needs my attention..dont worry man,i'll come when the time is righti'll do the sketches even if i'm not with u guys.wish u luck mate.all of u !!

06 June 2005
meeting today

ok guys, so who are coming today?
Anyway, i will be there at KL sentral station at 4.15 to 4.30 inside Mac DOnalds. I will try to get the most outside seat, but in case i dont get it. i will sit inside. But just do a search near the glass side of the mcd, (next to the KTM station) or the front section.

I will wear a red t shirt, with Cyber Christmas written on it. My phone no is 016 3572 576 so pls sms or call me okie?

hope to see u guys there.

I will reply the posts about deadly photoshop effects later haha

06 June 2005
Smile

oh man....

dbluewolf, you choose the wrong timing, I'm off to nature land nz today, it's too bad I can't be there,but I'l sketch while I'm overseas to hone that skill. And hopefulyll up load some stuff !

hope I can join you guys again when I return, so hectic right now. But hav fun you all !

06 June 2005
let's give shoutout to our homie digital_bobert a.k.a BOBBY CHIU for winning 3RD RUNNER UP in Master n' Servant CG Challenge! congratulations!!

well we.. erm both of us me n' dbluewolf did our 'first session' yesterday, nice meeting you avi.. i'm pretty unprepared for the session but manage to do some lil sketches which i dont know good enough to post or not for now ..anyway i cant promise to be there every single upcomin session but i really hope this stuff moves on, ya guys do join us next time alrite!

..btw avi im quite busy with my assignments at the moment, but sumday i'll post sum of my stuff and email ya the references i mentioned, alrite dude c ya!

06 June 2005
dude looks like no one's willing to post their stuff yet heheh.. well after checkin through other sketch group threads i guess mine isn't too lame to post.. here we go first life sketch made it to the kuala lumpur bobby chiu sketch group by err.. me ahahah!

well.. i was really unprepared not knowing the session is on til avi msg'd me, manage to steal my cousin's school exercise book n' pencil, then rushed to kl sentral.. btw for start i decided to go for regular life sketch way instead of caricature feel like bobby chiu and friends did cause i believe it's necessary to sharpen basic things first (those proportion gestures bla bla..) and most of all getting used to do life sketch cause drawing models in life drawing classes and drawing in public are totally different, especially those dudes in subway just cant leave us drawing them in peace right dbluewolf? and the train comes like every ten minutes and we're like, damn!!.. anyway we'll see how it goes, hopefully im able to be cool in this sketchin' stuff someday and develop truly original, very devastating style, yeah!

..btw avi since we might change to cooler location for the next session, i guess we should wait for other guys like chien and michael, it would be cool to have more homies around.. in the meantime everyone can do their own sketches, scan and send to dbluewolf he'll upload it to display in this thread, and the rest of ya who's interested in this sketch group please post here so that we know who's in.. and no, it's not necessary to attend every single session even i myself dont believe i could make it~

07 July 2005
heya guys. ive been checking out this thread for some time. But i havent got myself to move my lazy bum to get to sentral to check out the group. >_<
imma lazy animator. i should be shot

would there be any more sessions?
next sunday 10th july i cant make it tho. heading to s'pore for a job interview :(

anyways, do let me know. i would wanna join a session or two before i really do leave for s'pore D: (thats if i do get the job :P)

uve done a good job so far, dbluewolf.
hope to meet up with ya if there r more sessions

Thread Closed share thread