Bobby Chiu's Kuala Lumpur Subway Sketch Group 2005

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
It is surely gladly that bobby himself can drop by and its an honor if my sketch redrawn by bobby! whoa....

Yeap...its sizzling....the climax is at 19th june...hehehe..cant wait.

06 June 2005
wow

Originally Posted by digital_bobert: dbluewolf thats just great that you started a group up!

To get this started a bit, if anyone would like pointers on how I sketch, you can PM me and I'll check out your "Sketch Group Thread" and make comments or even redraw a few drawings for you if you request it.

Would that be something people might be interested in?

wah. thats fantastic!!! Yea, i am sure we will do that. I have no doubt that we would want that. Haha. One of the guys as you can see, he even thought that you are here hahaha.
But now, if you can really take the time and redraw some, that would be cool, or comment on it.

But for the time being, thanks a lot. I will PM soon to ask more questions ya. =)

06 June 2005
haha ya

Originally Posted by maranello55: It is surely gladly that bobby himself can drop by and its an honor if my sketch redrawn by bobby! whoa....

Yeap...its sizzling....the climax is at 19th june...hehehe..cant wait.

Ya!! =D

By the way guys, i just bought some web space for us. But i am still thinking how could we possibly scan the drawing right in the KL sentral station so that we dont have to bring it scan it and give back and save lot of troubles.

Any idea? anyone with laptop? slim scanners? hmmmmmmm.... *seearching lowyat.net now*

06 June 2005
adios man

Originally Posted by ms@zx: hello bobby chiu,i'm more that pleased for u to drop by,we'r hoping to make this sketch group a success.i'm definitely interested in having to comment my work and i'm sure each and everyone here would be more than delighted for u to do that too

this thread is sizzling up pretty fast

Mercě, c'était ton idēe (go ask the guy sitting two comp next to you =p)

06 June 2005
this is so cool. its about time someone start something like this. but not sure if i could make the time. hehe. will check out the website though!

3D CG Blog at http://kenimate.blogspot.com/

06 June 2005
no probs

Originally Posted by funnydoodle: this is so cool. its about time someone start something like this. but not sure if i could make the time. hehe. will check out the website though!

well, its NOT that we are going to meet this ONCE and thts it. We will meet every week or every two weeks depending on what is best. i understand not everyone can make it for every week, even i myself also cant come every week from novemeber onwards. But i am sure by that time we will find someone to inform the updates, progress and so on in case me or micheal noone can make it on particular day.

but for now, we will definitely going to be there. So, hope to see you some day okie?

And the site will be updated every week. For now it has nothing because i just got it today morning. This weekend i wont be in KL, so i can only start work on a design from next week onwards.

off for now. back to my rotoscoping.

06 June 2005
Quote: Any idea? anyone with laptop? slim scanners? hmmmmmmm.... *seearching lowyat.net now*

Hmm...good idea...but i dont have any laptop nor slim shady...i mean scanner...hehehe...ermmm...

If i have a laptop...id rather bring my wacom instead of the scanner...so after every sketch, upload them! heheheh..but dont have wifi broadband tho....

Anyone with wifi broadband??? LOL

06 June 2005
ahh.........feel sorry that i cant join it.
coz i'm not in Malaysia now.
but i'll call my friend to go.
hope u guys hav a nice time on that day.

06 June 2005
"Well, it beats digging ditches in Kuala Lumpur!" - Lazlo (GTA 3)

Sorry, I just saw the post so I had to... Kuala Lumpur! LOL!
-Flint

06 June 2005
yo guys~ just feel like sharin sum life pencil sketches i did, thats some statues outside of sunway hotel behind my college (yeah no way i could sketch such pose with alive creatures and neat rendering dude), each drawing done on a3 layout pad and well, just simple sketches nuthin cool bout it.. gotta give my fingers sum serious push ups, yoga and stuff for the upcoming session, yiieah!!

06 June 2005
O man..those are some wicked sketches....nice strokes man...its this sunday!!
Ure in Sunway College??

06 June 2005
err.. the [one] academy takin digital animation

06 June 2005
Ic....interesting doode...are we on this sunday dbluewolf doode?

06 June 2005
yaya we are on

of course are on
Sorry guys for not writing last few days.
weekend i was in ipoh and for last two days i am in the office; have not gone back home yet . tired tired.

but no matter what, we are on, as it was planned.

06 June 2005
a link

a link.. of great loomis. you can find many of his books here.

http://www.saveloomis.org/index.html

not sure if this is legal or not, but then, i see no harm in posting; and i bet if he was alive he wouldnt mind, and since the book is out of print anyway =p

Thread Closed share thread