Raldoron help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2014
Raldoron help

OK so here's the dealio yo, I've got this fan pic in the works and every time I work on it I make it just a little worse. Any help, tips, critique e.t.c. would be super appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]

I mean the obvious answer is 'carry on working on it until you get it right, ya lazy bugger!' but I'm hoping that with a little help I can make this pic something special.

Here's some notes on the picture to help you see where I'm going with it.

The suit will have a buttload of battle damage

The scene takes place inside a desert storm

The character (Raldoron) is in a blood rage

I'm getting rid of the light source to the right (in the hopes that the armours' contours will be more defined)

You can read about the scene here to get the jist of what is going on....http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Bat...me#.U2tMePldXEU

07 July 2014
Hey, I just came across your thread, and I must have missed it when you first posted it.

I'd like to help you out with an in-depth critique, but first, let's find out if you're still working on this image, and if you have an updated version you want to post?

07 July 2014
Hi there Lunatique,

I am indeed still working on the picture but in fits and starts but it's had a massive overhall because the feedback I got from other sites was that the composition was pretty lame and the pose needed a little more oomph, to which I totally agree, sometyimes you just need someone to shine a light ya know? but here's the update to the picture so far, I haven't posted it because there's still a lot of obvious work to do but if you'd like to give your 10 cents I'd be mighty grateful.

07 July 2014
The new composition is much better. Watch the tangent of is sword with that smiling head below it though. Do a clean overlap or separate them so their contours edges don't merge too much.

The horned figure's sword is a bit problematic too, adding to the vertical clutter just above and behind the main figure's head. You might want to move that sword to the left more, so it doesn't converge with other vertical shapes already in that area.

reply share thread