Elsa " The Snow Queen "

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2014   #1
Elsa " The Snow Queen "

Hi,
I watched Frozen and i just wanted to paint Elsa for some reason. I loved her character and her strength in fighting Evil and protecting the loved ones.

I would appreciate your input on WIP.

Old 01 January 2014   #2
What kind of criticism are you looking for? It looks like a good start. Where are you planning on taking this? What level of "finish" are you looking for, level of realism, etc, etc?

Old 01 January 2014   #3
This looks awesome. I love the way the gold light is coming through her dress. I feel like you need to make it obvious exactly what her hands are doing. In the sketch, you haven't really shown them, and in the final, they kinda look like they could be stumps. It's okay that they're not shown, but it needs to look like they're there. If her hand was really resting on her hip, for example, there would be pressure on the fabric of her dress.

I also feel like there's too much red tone in her skin, and that her hair just looks grey. I think you could make them more conformative to the rest of the painting.

Old 01 January 2014   #4
Something about her facial structure feels not quite right. I think the eyes are ever so slightly off-center, leaning a bit too much to the right. Also - although this may be personal preference - I think her expression would improve a lot if her mouth was a little less wide. A quick edit to demonstrate what I mean (please don't feel violated) can be found here.

Old 01 January 2014   #5
There are some readability issues with your Elsa image. As already mentioned, not showing both hands feels odd. To more experienced artist, it looks as if the artist is too insecure about being able to depict hands properly, or too lazy. It also causes readability issues too, making the post look incomplete and somewhat disconnected.

The hair looks a bit clumpy and simple, missing a bit of softness and detail, and the end of the braid looks odd too, suddenly terminating without looking logical. I don't know if you've ever braided long hair before, but a braid can't just end like that--you need a way to close the braid, or it'll just unravel.

Her clothes look strangely devoid of compression point wrinkles. When simplifying, you can kind of get away with not having enough stress point wrinkles or loose gathering wrinkles, but you can't get away with not having compression point wrinkles, as that's pretty much unavoidable, no matter what material the fabric is.

Old 01 January 2014   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread