2D Jedi Elf Concept

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #1
2D Jedi Elf Concept

Hi guys,

I need help with my current drawing, I did the bottom sketch and the outline, but then my friend caught me out and made a fix.

The problem is, she is more experienced but cannot explain to why the eye has to be adjusted even though she gave me the guideline trying to be helpful, but I cannot see what is the problem, nor can she, she just has a gut instinct, so I need the communities help.

Mostly just look at the eyes, the bottom image is my attempt, then she fixed it.

Where did I go wrong with the guidelines? Or did we both go wrong? Who is right, who is wrong? And why, if someone can make a different fix and explanation that would be great.

Old 10 October 2013   #2
Hi,

I had to really look hard to find the problem. Which reminds me of these comic books I used to read. The artist wasn't as adept at drawing all poses, faces and such in the beginning so the first year or so there were quirks. But nothing to be hesitant about. Now with digital media all gets corrected and we never see this. But try too look for it you will see..

As for the eye all I can say you've put it to low. Which makes the face look rotated from the actual heads rotation. Thus making your faces look more tilted forward than the head actually is.

Als try mirror the drawing every now and then.

Old 10 October 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread