Wonder Woman - In The Name Of The Mother

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Lightbulb Wonder Woman - In The Name Of The Mother

Hey, guys,

There's been a lot of talk about a Wonder Woman movie lately, so I thought I'd take a bite at it.
Here's page #1 of 10, hopefully it'll be streamlined enough to be more "palatable" for Joe Public (and studios suits).
For the narration, for some reason I keep hearing in my head Galadriel's voice at the beginning of Lord of the Rings, but please feel free to pick another actress to your liking.

Some ideas here presented may be familiar to you if you've followed my WW-related art, namely giving the amazons the spotlight instead of the ancient greek gods.
I've always defended that the amazons are the true protagonists of this book and the greek gods just steal their thunder and their agency.
If you don't like amazons and would rather see more greek gods and goddesses, well, you're in luck, just pick WW's book. ^_^

I hope to upload the rest of the 9 pages throughout the next couple weeks, time permitting, and I would love to hear your thoughts on this puppy.
Okay, enough yapping, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I give you...

Wonder Woman - In The Name Of The Mother

Last edited by eliseu gouveia : 07 July 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Old 07 July 2013   #2

Any similarities with the cover of the original Wonder Woman#1 is not a coinquidink .

Old 07 July 2013   #3

A few people out there may recognise the flag from somewhere.

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Wonder Woman - In The Name Of The Mother 4/10

The girl unsheathing her dagger at the ancient evil sumerian/babylonian cthulu monster was my favorite bit to draw, damn! Them amazons raise some fearless kids. ^_^

Old 07 July 2013   #5

I apologise for all the folks who wanted the amazons to have greek architecture with its gigantic phalic obelisks erect in the horizon penetrating the skies, but if you live in a small island, stripmining its limited resorces to build megalomaniacal projects is probably not the smartest thing you could do

Old 07 July 2013   #6

Now we know where that flag on her costume comes from. ^_^
I always liked Phillipus... though I could never figure out why she goes by a male roman/latin surname.
So, for this take, i'm going with Aelia Marciana Philippa, roman gladiatrix enlisted in the amazons in 97 AD.
Please don't hate me too much. ^_^

And thus we've endeth the prologue.
Six pages on narration... whew, that was one lenghty prologue, did Galadriel speak this much on the Lord of The Rings opening?

Old 07 July 2013   #7
Dang this is really great. I sure hope you finish, I've never really read any WW before and this seems like a pretty cool introduction to her character. Are you really producing one page of that quality a day, alone? I'm pretty blown away by the speed of your first few pages.

Old 07 July 2013   #8
Hi, Kromano,

thank you for your post, I am devoting any scraps of free time I manage to get my hands to into these pages, jsut trying to imagine what a Wonder Woman movie set on the trails of the Man of The Steel movie could be/feel like.

I know I'm making a mistake right off the bat by not posting these in storyboard format, but I just can't seem to be able to escape my comic book roots.

Old 07 July 2013   #9
Fantastic! really enjoy it thus far

Old 07 July 2013   #10
Thank you, Ebolii!

Old 07 July 2013   #11

Old 07 July 2013   #12

Old 08 August 2013   #13

Old 08 August 2013   #14
These have been great...well done

Old 08 August 2013   #15
Thank you, Ebolii, you're very kind.

Thread Closed share thread