WiP - Would love some feedback.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
WiP - Sorcha's Gift - Would love some feedback.

First thing - Background is not even really started so please ignore. It will be dark with forms in a mist I think. Gonna flesh that out once I finish the girl. Also, I still need to add a very light tint to the hair (will be a light blond). The globe of light is a total work in progress as I'm still figuring out how I want to paint it... Any ideas would be great.

I've been working on this for a couple of days now. Just looking for feedback.

I haven't painted in a while because of life stresses (divorce, foreclosure, etc.) So I'm trying to get back into painting, starting all over trying to learn to paint differently.

Any tips, hints, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
My Portfolio
My Facebook Page

Last edited by sweetjeannie : 06 June 2013 at 07:40 AM.

Old 06 June 2013   #2
awesome painting, even when this still WIP i could feel your emotion from here. Hope things are going well for you

Old 06 June 2013   #3
Thanks babix.
My Portfolio
My Facebook Page

Old 06 June 2013   #4
Some changes and cleaning...

Fixed skin tone. Added a tint to the hair. Cleaned up the background even though I'm gonna change it later.

I feel kinda stuck on this right now. I know the globe needs work... Then I guess start the background. Wonder if I should put more blue reflective light in the hair. Her dress is a pretty bright blue. I feel that the lighting is good but I'm looking for any feedback.
My Portfolio
My Facebook Page

Old 06 June 2013   #5
That's amazing I really dig it! It would be cool if the light source had a green or orange tinge to it so you could carry that over to the face making the painting really pop. I'm a fan anyway

MrMojoRisin

Old 06 June 2013   #6
I thought about doing a green, but I worry the color will take away from the mood.

I guess I'm going for a "pure" mixed with "lonely" coloring. The green might work. Hmmm.. I'm gonna think about this a little.
My Portfolio
My Facebook Page

Old 06 June 2013   #7
You said you wanted a pure mixed lonely coloring--can you elaborate on that? What is this painting about? What is the premise/narrative here? Who is she, and what is that glowing orb? What kind of feelings/mood/emotions do you want to convey with this image?

The definition of her collarbones don't look quite right--are you using references for that area (not just for the anatomy, but lit exactly like in your painting).

The face looks good, but the hair lacks softness, with only large tendril-like strands and no feeling of softness. You need some much thinner strands to complement the larger/thicker strands for it to look more natural.

Old 06 June 2013   #8
Thank you for your time Lunatique.

I saw your other post on my other thread. I created a second thread mainly because I had decided I was done and ready for an "official" critique rather than just feedback, plus I finally had a name for the piece.
My Portfolio
My Facebook Page

Old 06 June 2013   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread