Fort Streets

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  03 March 2013
Fort Streets

I have listened and trying to improve my fundamentals.

I would love to hear about this one!
 
  03 March 2013
Tell us about the image. What are you trying to convey in it? What is the narrative/premise about? What is this image for? What challenges are you facing and need help with?
 
  03 March 2013
Originally Posted by CKABEH: I have listened and trying to improve my fundamentals.

I would love to hear about this one!


The angle is awkward. I feel like I need to move the camera to less of an extreme to see what's going on, I find myself craning my neck to correct the angle, and the eye fights the extreme angles to find the focus point.

Lets start there.
 
  03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Lunatique: Tell us about the image. What are you trying to convey in it? What is the narrative/premise about? What is this image for? What challenges are you facing and need help with?


This is an inner street of the for, and i wanted to convey the inside of the large for, one part of it, from inner wall. I made some progress, but i am fighting with perspective, i am not sure if i got it right, that is my first problem. I wanted to try this skewed perspective, but probably got it all wrong

I would love to hear on colors too, since i am lousy with those. Thank you very much for your help, i am working on in-depth anatomy lessons by myself ( for start, as you said, my anatomy is weak, and need to improve it ).

 
  03 March 2013
Originally Posted by BillyWJ: The angle is awkward. I feel like I need to move the camera to less of an extreme to see what's going on, I find myself craning my neck to correct the angle, and the eye fights the extreme angles to find the focus point.

Lets start there.


Thank you very much Billy, you are probably right, as i read your message, i looked at pic and neck started to change the position of the head I updated it a bit, maybe it is better this way
 
  03 March 2013
Originally Posted by CKABEH: This is an inner street of the for, and i wanted to convey the inside of the large for, one part of it, from inner wall. I made some progress, but i am fighting with perspective, i am not sure if i got it right, that is my first problem. I wanted to try this skewed perspective, but probably got it all wrong

I would love to hear on colors too, since i am lousy with those. Thank you very much for your help, i am working on in-depth anatomy lessons by myself ( for start, as you said, my anatomy is weak, and need to improve it ).



You need to think more about artworks that you're going to spend many hours creating. Answer these questions, and you'll find out how much more you need to be thinking about what you create as an artist:

-What purpose does this image serve? Is it a piece of concept art for an intellectual property? Is it an illustration?

-What is the narrative you're trying to portray here? What is happening in this scene?

-What is the premise in the image? What kind of setting is it? What time period? Is it a fictional world? Is so, what should the image portray about this fictional world.

-Who's that character in red with the staff? Why is that character important to this visual narrative? What are you trying to convey by having that character standing there?

-What is the mood/emotion you're trying to express with this image? Is it a sense of foreboding? Awe? Mystery? What do you want your audience to feel when looking at this image?

A good visual artist must learn to be a great visual communicator--a visual storyteller. There's much more to being a good artist than just making pretty pictures--you have to be a great visual storyteller too and understand how to portray a narrative effectively, how to express emotions, and how to portray specific moods.
 
  03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.