Kinship Card- Let's make it the best it can be

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Kinship Card- Let's make it the best it can be

Here are some thumbnails... help me chose 2 of the best so I can do more refined black and white ruffs... also plz crit and tell me what would you change... the more you write the more help it is... THX!

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Kinship card- 2 ruffs, which to pick for Final?

Based on crits from other sites I made 2 b/w ruffs... I tried to use all the feedback and compile 2 images so I can now pick one witch I will take to a final render...

The wolf and character designs are not shown here. I will be working on them while I wait for feedback... I will make them have matching colors, armor, glowing tattoos etc... It will be obvious that they are a team...

So plz crit these 2 ruffs and tell me witch one to pick for my final illustration... THX!

Last edited by IgorIv : 03 March 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
I can't tell you which one you should pick, but here my first impressions. The second is more dynamic: maybe this fits better for these two characters.
I don't like when the camera cuts all the feet off, so that makes another point for the second one.
yeah, in general I prefer the second.
thks,
Jorge

Old 03 March 2013   #4
I'd have to agree on the second one as well. More specifically the second one with the value scheme and foreground figure from its smaller thumb-nailed version.

Be sure and snap some photos of yourself in that pose as well so you can pin down that arm anatomy.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
final ruff

ok here is the final ruff for the kinship card before I start rendering...

Old 03 March 2013   #6
finished this one...

Old 03 March 2013   #7
The foreshortening on his right arm and the focal length of your camera view don't seem to match. You have his right hand being very small, suggesting a wider angle distortion, but the rest of the image looks more like a longer focal length, with less distortion. I suggest you alter his right arm/hand so it matches the rest of the image.

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Great work! I'm glad you stuck with it to the finish.

Old 03 March 2013   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread