Rough Sketch Stylized Skull and Drunk puffer fish

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Rough Sketch Stylized Skull and Drunk puffer fish

couple rough sketches. will post updates after clean up and rework some of the lines in photoshop. Cheers Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pufferFish.jpg (89.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by DanFalconer : 03 March 2013 at 09:12 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
update on skull

reworked a couple of the lines changed other ones on the skull added a little color. just got a new laptop today so puffer fish is on hold for a bit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg style-skull-update.jpg (79.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by DanFalconer : 02 February 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
If you want people to comment, you should probably tell us what these images are for, and what's the creative vision behind them.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
just doing them for myself, I did the Skull because I liked the sketch i did one night in my sketch book. and wanted to see how it would look cleaned up. think Im just trying to improve my own style if anything. haven't really done any drawing or painting in the last 5+ years just recently started drawing and playing with a wacom tablet in photoshop again. but Ill probably become a regular on this board I have alot of extra time on my hands for art now

Old 03 March 2013   #5
What are your goals and aspirations? Do you want to be a professional artist, or is this a hobby? If you have specific goals, then tell us, so it'll be easier for us to help you achieve them.

Old 03 March 2013   #6
I worked professional in 3D, Roughly ten years ago. left the industry had a family, small studio worked at closed and 3 month contract work here and there was shacky. haven't picked up a pen or pencil for a long time. got injured on a labor job last year crushed my pelvis spent a year in the hospital. so just a hobbyist for now. starting to enjoy drawing again. thinking about playing around with maya again but for now just gonna keep drawing.

Old 03 March 2013   #7
In that case, just enjoy yourself. If what you're doing is fun and you have a good time, then then that's all that matters. I see nothing wrong with your images--they're meant to be highly stylized.

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread