Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Serafeim

portfolio
Andy Stewart
Graphic Artist/Designer (Aspiring)
Serafeim Graphic Art & Design
Indianapolis, USA

Graphic Design WIP

I am currently developing a few logo's and a few other images for use by some amature Call of Duty Teams. Seeing as how the market here is really big, and the chance my images will be seen by a bunch of gamers and E-Sport leaders I want to provide the best images that I can. Then again I'm a perfectionist and want things right. I have only been doing art for a few months so i'm learning. I scour the internet every chance I get so I can learn everything I can until I begin school hopefully this summer!

Anyway... Backstory complete, time for the real issues here..

Some are WIP some are "Done" However since i'm constantly learning new things everything is a WIP because I always add to it!

This is for a Team Logo. I like to do super high res, great quality logo's than dumb them down. So that way on a shirt it will look amazing, but on a website and other places the logo is needed it won't take up so much room. The idea here is to take the reaper from the top left and bottom left, smash them together, and create a new one. I like the pose of the first one so i'm aiming for something like that, and i like the bones of the second done. His hand will be outstreched and have the team name coming out of his palm, with smoke. In my mind it looks amazing... On the screen, that is a different story.

I will post more and more once I see how the feedback goes!

Thanks for reading!

Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
joshpelk
portfolio
Josh Pelk
PUYA 3d.
USA., USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafeim
I am currently developing a few logo's and a few other images for use by some amature Call of Duty Teams. Seeing as how the market here is really big, and the chance my images will be seen by a bunch of gamers and E-Sport leaders I want to provide the best images that I can. Then again I'm a perfectionist and want things right. I have only been doing art for a few months so i'm learning. I scour the internet every chance I get so I can learn everything I can until I begin school hopefully this summer!

Anyway... Backstory complete, time for the real issues here..

Some are WIP some are "Done" However since i'm constantly learning new things everything is a WIP because I always add to it!

This is for a Team Logo. I like to do super high res, great quality logo's than dumb them down. So that way on a shirt it will look amazing, but on a website and other places the logo is needed it won't take up so much room. The idea here is to take the reaper from the top left and bottom left, smash them together, and create a new one. I like the pose of the first one so i'm aiming for something like that, and i like the bones of the second done. His hand will be outstreched and have the team name coming out of his palm, with smoke. In my mind it looks amazing... On the screen, that is a different story.

I will post more and more once I see how the feedback goes!

Thanks for reading!

This is very interesting great work. I would do the logo first and not the Character.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Serafeim

portfolio
Andy Stewart
Graphic Artist/Designer (Aspiring)
Serafeim Graphic Art & Design
Indianapolis, USA

Thanks for the response! Just to make sure i didn't mention it above the 2 images on the left are ideas' from google, and not my images. everything else i did

Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

The logo should be your main focus. No one's really going to care much about the illustration, because your team's work should be what makes or breaks your reputation, and the name of your team and its logo will only have significance if the work you do gets a lot of attention due to the high quality. Also, you very rarely, if ever, see logos with elaborate illustrations, because logos are supposed to be simple, catchy, and easily resizable for different purposes without losing clarity. Don't put unnecessary detail in a logo design that's not vital to that purpose.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread