Request for criticism

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Request for criticism

Hello,
This illustration was recently rejected by the gallery mods, and it was suggested that I come here for constructive feedback. Please have a look - I appreciate all comments and reactions and welcome all of you guys' criticism. Thanks.

12 December 2012
I see a lot of detail but not much dimension.

12 December 2012
Thank you~

Originally Posted by rownd: I see a lot of detail but not much dimension.

Thanks for your input on my image!

12 December 2012
Hello,
The character looks impressive with all that detail, but he gets lost in the picture, is hard to see him at first because there is not to much difference between shape and background. Maybe if you make a cleaner background, slightly change the color of it, and contrast a bit more the figure could help.
I think that Frostmourne looks unfinished compared with the character, but that's merely my opinion.
Hope this helps!

01 January 2013
The lighting is a bit flat, as if it's lit by a camera's flash from straight-on. This is generally something you want to avoid, because it's not interesting visually as it flattens the forms and turns all details into merely patterns, instead of shapes with distinct volume and spatial placement.

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread