Armored Guard Sketch

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Armored Guard Sketch

Hello there, excuse my inproper use of the english language

I know that most of the artworks submitted here are far beyond my one in progress but i decided to ask for some critique/suggestions before i go more in detail.
I started studying human anatomy recently and i can apply perspective on most things but in this case i am still not sure about the proportions and perspective issues

To the idea: i wanted to create a armored guard who is a man of sturdy build but also to appear fast and agile if you understand what i mean. I tried to achieve a firm pose which still is dynamic in a way.

So if anyone here is able to sacrifiy his time for me, i will appreciate everything what will help me advance, so don't hold back

Old 11 November 2012   #2
i got some input on this sketch from a friend of mine.
today i found some time and tried to improve some things, this is the revised version.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Did you try shooting references? Pose yourself or someone else--it works a lot better than just trying to work out of your head. Posing is a lot like acting, and you'll be able to direct the modle the way movie directors direct actors. You can tell the model to "lock your knees more and stick your chest out more, throw your shoulders back more, and hold that spear with more confidence." The implementation of your direction is immediate, and you'll see right away what works and what doesn't work in that pose, and how you can make it more effective. It beats doing countless revisions in your sketch and still not nail the pose.

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread