Autumn

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Autumn

Well hello there forum!

This is my first attempt on digital painting but as you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB52xyaY4kk

I started out with a sketch and would kindly ask you to give me some feedback on how I can improve it. I don't think I am quite there yet when it comes to proportions and pose.

bg

11 November 2012
And the point of this video is?

11 November 2012
Welcome! Says me who is very new myself.

Her feet look too small and her hand too. Her posture looks tense which contradicts her rather happy and serene facial expression (I really like her expression). There are many things that look off so I should suggest you work on your basic anatomy more and then try again.

Originally Posted by Sabra: And the point of this video is?

Could be that the "Big things have small beginnings" quote implies that Boma has plans to become a great digital artist one day.

12 December 2012
Below is the standard reply I use when I see beginner artists who are asking for critiques in the WIP forums:

It's really hard to critique works from artists who are still very early in their artistic development, just like how it's very hard to critique someone's language skills if they are just starting to learn a new language, because so much of what they do is wrong.

To critique beginner's work would no longer be critique--it would become instruction in all the basics, because you would have to explain every aspect of the visual art foundation in detail and how they related to the mistakes made in the image--from composition, perspective, values, lighting, tonal composition, atmospheric perspective, color temperature, color contrast, radiosity/color bleed, deceptive colors, contextural color illusions, anatomy, figure, psychological and physiological roots of body language and facial expressions, aesthetic sensibility, hierarchy of edges, brushwork, line quality, visual storytelling techniques, and so on.

My suggestion is for you to focus on learning the critical foundations of visual art--don't rush into trying to construct your own images because you lack the necessarily knowledge/skill/experience to do your ideas any justice at this point. Head on over to the Art Techniques & Theories forum (linked below in my signature) and start reading the sticky threads--they will help you far more than any critique you're going to get at this point, because any critique you get would essentially be very condensed and simplified art instruction anyway, and they won't help you that much if you aren't learning those instructions in proper context through a carefully laid out learning/teaching plan.

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread