The Water

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Question The Water

hello. There is not enough work?

Details here: http://vayne17.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Old 11 November 2012   #2
You have some strong top light coming in, and I don't see that in her skin. I think her right arm is too dark around the edges, and her bottom half could be a little darker. Also, her hair seems very straight for someone floating or sinking under water.

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Really nice!!! Yup I would take advantage of the environment and have the hair swirling around. Although the violinist I've met are tightly wound individuals and would have there hair tied back..lol.

Violin size?

Last edited by rownd : 11 November 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
First I just have to say; amazing work and interesting idea, you are very talented and skilled. Very nice.

Otherwise I think I have to agree with Sabra about the strong top light which isn't reflected on the lady in the picture. Also, I feel that neither she nor the violin look submerged, they look separate from the background and not really there... The objects might be too colourful to be underwater and maybe this blue green colour in the background, should be reflected in them somehow, I honestly don't know.

The other thing that strikes me, is that the picture looks rather sterile, there's nothing in the water except some bubbles. I looked at your references, and I really like the underwater stock image you used. Maybe making the light more similar to that in the stock image could be an idea? More like rays of light, instead of as it looks now? And why not add some particles too, to make the water look a bit less sterile? Some suggestions that might help, might not.

I also agree with the others about the hair.

Old 11 November 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread