Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Dungeon-master
Veteran

portfolio
Jesús Rodríguez
Cadiz, Spain

Next Work

It is a advance of my next work. I hope you like this. Critiques, feedbacks and comments are welcomed.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Dungeon-master
Veteran

portfolio
Jesús Rodríguez
Cadiz, Spain

Other detail:

Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

Old 10-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Dungeon-master
Veteran

portfolio
Jesús Rodríguez
Cadiz, Spain

My intention is to know the opinion of the wips showed until now , but I too want keep the surprise at final illustration. I am not posting senseless. I hope that you understand it .

Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
Dungeon-master
Veteran

portfolio
Jesús Rodríguez
Cadiz, Spain

I need help. Somebody can say me how get to integrate a illustracion that it has been composited with several and diferents references?.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
ZombieMariachis
Frequenter

portfolio
Josh Hass
JoshHass.com
Owasso, USA

I'd suggest drawing the entire illustration using very simple construction and lines while referencing each of your references. Don't piecemeal it with a finished illustration of a boot and then try to incorporate that elsewhere in another finished illustration.

Creating 'good' illustrations will require you to develop and understand the strengths of a well thought-out creative process. Start simple and plan an entire composition with a simple thumbnail drawing. Using the thumbnail as a guide, create a more thought out and technical drawing. Create a new drawing based on the previous technical one that begins to consider how values (lights and darks) define the light sources, forms, and focal points of your composition. Continue on with layers of color, etc...

Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
Dungeon-master
Veteran

portfolio
Jesús Rodríguez
Cadiz, Spain

I finished my illustration two days ago. This is in my portfolio which link is: http://dungeon-master.cgsociety.org/gallery/ . Critiques and tips are wellcomed. Thanks in advanced.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Sabra
Veteran

portfolio
Sabra Awlad Issa
Amateur
Netherlands

Why bother creating a WIP topic if you're going to ignore the comments? These kind of topics are the main reason this forum section is bleeding out.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

Your illustration has all these jumbled values all over, creating a confusion that has no distinct focal area that's controlled by tonal composition and lighting. The background is equally contrasty as the foreground, and the lighting doesn't separate them. If you squint your eyes, everything just sort of merges together. This is why you need to plan your entire image in the thumbnail phase and work out the lighting and values and how they form the overall tonal composition.

The lighting doesn't look convincing, with contradictory information between all your highlights, form shadows, and cast shadows. The figure is mainly lit quite flat, but you background looks like there's a distinct noon-ish lighting. Also, if she's under the bright sun, she would be lit very differently, with hard, contrasty shadows.

You need to study lighting and how forms are created with light, how shadows are cast, and how normal highlights and specular highlights behave. You put a lot of work into your details, but you lack basic understanding of lighting, which undermines all the hard work you did.

I suggest you spend time learning the critical foundations of visual art such as lighting and values and composition, as you seem to be weak in those areas, and they are the building blocks of any artist's development. Without mastering them, you'll never get as far as you'd like as an artist.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread