The Walking Dead

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
The Walking Dead

Hi everyone,
I would like to receive some feedback and advices about this unfinished piece which I would like to finish in the next couple of days.
Thank you.
Pierluigi Abbondanza

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Nice "Z" shape in your composition subtle

Old 09 September 2012   #3
It seems odd that the girl appears so relaxed. It takes away any sense of tension the image probably should have, being there are zombies trying to eat her, and her foot is almost within their reach. What exactly are you trying to convey with this visual narrative?

The lighting also doesn't make much sense. She's back-lit by the moonlight, yet she's very bright on the shadow side. What is lighting her so brightly from our direction? As far as I can tell, the moonlight is the sole light source in your scene, so she should be just a dark silhouette 9same with everything else in this scene). If you want to light her from our direction, you need to put in a logical secondary light source into the scene--maybe like a street lamp or something.

What kind of structure is she sitting on? Why is it just a big slope? I don't think that's a roof top since it reaches all the way to the ground?

The tree should interact with the composition of this scene more, so it's not just shoved to the edge as a blatant framing device. Make it's reach into the scene more organic. Moving it more to the right would help.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread