I am the woman

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #1
I am the woman

Hi everybody, this is a 8 hours ilustration, Im improving my skills so critiques are more than wellcome.

Thanks

Old 07 July 2012   #2
Your lighting scheme doesn't make sense. On the woman, it shows your light source as coming from the left side, but the inset in the wall doesn't agree with that, with illumination on both sides of the inset.

Your rendering also lacks a sense of structure--you're just copying the values you see in the reference without understanding the underlying structure of the forms. For example, her left thigh looks pinched towards the bottom, as if it has no volume, like its made of deflated balloon.

There are other problems like it, where you're applying values and deviating from the reference arbitrarily, not knowing you're making mistakes as you do it.

The whole wall/inset looks like an afterthought--as if you needed a way to anchor the pose, but didn't know why the pose looks that way and for what purpose. Every piece of artwork needs a purpose--the reason for its creation. The more you understand what your own creative vision is, the better your work will be. Don't slap together subjects and backgrounds arbitrarily--think about why you're doing it and what you're trying to express--whether it's an emotion, a socio-political statement, a specific mood, or some other idea. If you just want to do a figure study, then don't add unnecessary arbitrary stuff--focus on the figure study. If the figure is supposed to emote and express something specific with the body language, then focus on what that emotion is supposed to be.

Old 07 July 2012   #3
Tank you very much Lunatique! I apreciate you criticizes.

Old 07 July 2012   #4
Sorry, only to add that it looks like she's missing the back of her skull.

Flip the image horizontally and look at the head again and see if you don't agree.

Old 07 July 2012   #5
Thanks Psage! =)

Old 07 July 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread