Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
th3ta
Veteran

portfolio
3d Artist
In a dark office, USA

adjusting keyframes by a factor of 2?

I'm converting a comp from 24fps to 48fps. I have a ton of nodes with animation on them, and what I need to happen is basically double the frames that they happen on. I don't want to double the animated values, just the keyframes that those values are keyed on. I'm looking for an expression or something I can apply to the nodes, something automatic so I won't have to do this by hand.

any ideas?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
pingking
Expert
portfolio
michael vorberg
digital compositor
freelance
stuttgart, Germany

here is an idea that isnt fully automatic:

select the nodes you wish to change, go into the curve editor or the dopesheet, select all keyframes, rmb->edit->move-> and enter in the x field:
Code:
x*2

Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
th3ta
Veteran

portfolio
3d Artist
In a dark office, USA

pingking, worked like a charm, thanks! Not fully auto, but definitely saves some time.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
noxy
collision object

portfolio
Jonathan Block
USA

I was doing this as well, and found that with several hundred nodes, loading them and scaling the time wasn't working well since you have to do all the rotos separately in the dope sheet (as far as I can tell).
It's so easy in Maya, just change framerate and all the keys are adjusted to match. It's hard to believe there's no equivalent in Nuke.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
th3ta
Veteran

portfolio
3d Artist
In a dark office, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxy
I was doing this as well, and found that with several hundred nodes, loading them and scaling the time wasn't working well since you have to do all the rotos separately in the dope sheet (as far as I can tell).
It's so easy in Maya, just change framerate and all the keys are adjusted to match. It's hard to believe there's no equivalent in Nuke.

Yeah, I had a 3100 node script that I just plowed through. You have to do each one manually, but it does save the expression x*2 in there, so it goes pretty quick, just tedious.

Same thing in Max, adjust the framerate and everything scales automatically. Wish it was that easy in Nuke.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread