remove one color from video

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2012
remove one color from video

Hi people.

Iīm newbie here in Nuke.

Wondering how the hell can i remove some yellow shiny signs in a video , they distract the viewer. I want to , at least, bring the color down (bright yellow, which is nowhere else in the scene) so i donīt see it that shiny.

Iīve tried several methods but i donīt know how exactly people do it. What would you use for this?

Thanks a lot!

05 May 2012
I'd go for the HueCorrect node and lower the saturation or change the hue value for the desired color range.

05 May 2012
Thanks!

Well. i tried this, this should be working, but i donīt really understand this, not even reading the documentation.
I select Saturation. Then using Ctrl+alt i click on the screen where the yellow color is. It selects automatically with a yellow line the yellow zone of the spectrum.

I suppose this is the zone i have to low down, so i create a point on the courve there and move it down to the maximum. Nothing happens.

I try with luminance, what happens is that many things in the place change, but not this color.

So weird.

Thanks for all!

05 May 2012
A curve like in the attachment would desaturate all yellowish tones.

Posting a picture of your problem/shot would help.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 19.06.24.png (87.9 KB, 6 views)

05 May 2012
THANKS for the image.

I knew it was like that, i tried different aproaches, and it looks really horrible. Itīs not smooth at all...

Bringing down the saturation works fine with this tone, but it turns it even more bright, i mean, white. But doing what you tell me works so bad.

What i would show you is just the same you're showing me, thatīs why i donīt updload an image...

05 May 2012
you could also try to make a key of the yellow color with primatte and use that mask to colorcorrect your footage

05 May 2012
Yes people. Great ideas. Thanks a lot.

I finally got it by changing the HUE that way.

thanks a lot!

05 May 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread