B-Movie Entry: Boris Ignjatovic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2010
This looks like it is going to funny as hell. My wife would say I could play that role perfectly.

02 February 2010
Well I was the main roll model for the story
And my girlfriend suggested this idea. If its gonna be as we are expecting to be then its all her "fault"...

02 February 2010
The pass the gas pass the blame. I can't wait to see this done.

02 February 2010
Hi,and thanks for comment! About the render,I don t think is the fur who make your render slower.I also use fur for grass,cose I tried with paint fx from maya and take me about 12-13 minutes per frame,but with fur take me only 3 minutes maximum,at PAL TV resolution 720/576.And the scene have only 14 400 polygons.I have a dual core 3 G and 2 G of memory,so I must always optimize the scenes.

A few solution:
Check how much poly you have.
Try to use the scenes with grass,for a good ungle but without using camera movement(so you need to render just one frame of the grass and compose with other layers.)
And also the texture should not be to big,try to use compressed files like jpg or png for alpha.
What make the render take so long? First the textures,second the polys followed by the fur,fx and others.

Hope that helps!

02 February 2010
Tnx Adrian for excellent advices. Well, I have a lot of polys in the scene, about 1mil. Also the textures are pretty huge so...I suppose thats whats lagging the render.

Tnx again neighbor. Good luck.

02 February 2010
Work In Progress: Homeless rig final

Here's homeless guy. Rig finished.

I have a problem with occlusion. Dont know how to render his beard. And if I render occlusion without the beard I would have to make mask for the parts.

I have an idea to make a geometry that fits beard and to apply white matte shader. So that I can just add it as a blending mode.

If anyone has any better idea I would much appreciate it.

Tnx in advance.

Hope you like it

03 March 2010
Work In Progress: Interior no.2 - Sleeping room

Here's F-Man's sleeping room. Its still wip. Bed cover will come as a cloth when the scene is set. So I didnt wanted to make it just yet.

Hope you like it... :)

03 March 2010
Work In Progress: Scene 01

Software: After Effects,Maya,mental ray,Photoshop

After long waiting for the rendering to finish, here's our first scene. Effects are not completly finished, but this is aproximetly it.

Any comment is most welcome.

Hope you like it.

Play Video >>

03 March 2010
I'd suggest strong sun light in the begining like here - http://www.twincitiesdailyphoto.com...er_press-02.jpg , because it looks flat.
Animation is preatty cool, but maybe you'd add some detail shots. for example knife cuting carrot in closeup - really fast cut.
And render could be better :S or make a better post to the image. Also I'd kill allmost all vignettes.

You doing good, don't worry if nobody comments just do your thing!

03 March 2010
Tnx digiboxoffice. Good critiques. I'll consider your opinion.

03 March 2010
Work In Progress: Scene 2, shot 1

Software: After Effects,Maya,mental ray,Photoshop

Here is the first shot of the second scene. Its gonna be longer. The first frame with the grass is gonna last longer and come out from the black, as the last shot ended.

Its not finished, still have to add some fitlers to look like first scene, but that comes at the end of the scene.

Second shot is on the way.

Play Video >>

03 March 2010
yeah. as you mention the camera might be a bit hasty. but that is easy to fix. The look is ok. Some filters might do the whole thing good. Keep it up.

03 March 2010
I think that it would be more dynamic if there was some movement in the back. So I decided to add homeless guy and the car in the far back.

03 March 2010
Work In Progress: Scene two, second shot

Software: Maya

This is play blast of the second shot. Its not finished but I wanted to read if you have any sugestions.

Play Video >>

Thread Closed share thread