B-Movie Entry: Bartosz Bialek

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2010
love the camera work and robots shade looks great!
little remark, you could try shade the tank a little better, scraches, dirt and old edges would do well there if tank is important ofcourse.

04 April 2010
Work In Progress: Giant robot reupload

Software: 3ds max,After Effects

Last upload didn'tseem to work so here it is again

Play Video >>

04 April 2010
Thanks Anton I can give it a try with different shader - I wanted army to look like a bit like a plastic toy - style. But sure.
_SC

04 April 2010
actually I thought that it was intentional! because you shaded this robot so well that everything else would look under shaded I think if that's the look then don't change it. only maybe give plastik even more of plastic look. Sort of over do it, like they do in b-grade movies everything over the edge

04 April 2010
super..love the lighting and the robot go out from the partcules!

04 April 2010
Work In Progress: Giant robot attacks

Hi. It took me way to long to finish explosion scene. I hope you like it a bit. Now it gets only harder. Next time Giant Blue cat will land and duel starts.
_cheers
_BB

p.s.
As usual I suggest you to download flv!

Play Video >>

04 April 2010
@Anton That's the spirit and beauty of b-grade movies. Almost everything can be fit on screen and no regreats. I switched army metal shaders and gave them more reflection - I liked and it stays - thanks for pointing out!

@Julien Thanks man I hope I won't dissapoint you.

p.s.
Close-up shots at the end are still wip renders

04 April 2010
Work In Progress: Almost ready

Hi.
i've been busy with rendering final shots. I got little time so i'm after a number of sleepless nights. My only hope is this won't be visible in this movie.
If you see any mistake let me know
As usual please download movie (43 mb)
2 shots are still rendering
Good luck and cheers to all you coffie drinkers!!
_BB

Play Video >>

04 April 2010
I'm still rendering AO layer for a number of shots. In case I cannot make it this is my final word.
best to you!
_BB

04 April 2010
Finished Video: Cpt Awasome versus whale abductors from space

HI
This is my final entry.
Thanks for your help and support it was great adventure and because of exceptional conditions for me a great lesson. I wanted to make propoaganda movie-like report. Someware where b-grade movies survived to this day. I mixed number of popculture and kitch stuff in here. I didn't manage to make story as I initialy intended due to my avalible time limitations.
Special thanks:
M.S. for inspiration and support, relatives, cgsociety & coffie substitutes. Sound , music footage: freesound.org, archive.org, KCTV googlemaps, detonationfilms.com, old film look by Andrew Cramer@ videocopilot.net, particle illusion, 3ds max 2010/2011, City Scape and TYSON IBELE @ tysonibele.com ( Building generator saved my life mate! ), mayang.com

Movie is 836x470 HD (88 mb) so please download flv and watch it in full res as it is supposed to be watched. Web player disturbs picture.

cheers!
_BB

Play Video >>

04 April 2010
I am glad you made it on time. I was smiling during your whole movie, you nailed the propaganda feel and the voiceover is way cool. I didnt really read your subtitles, there was no need to do so. Great entry and I think a very succesfull take to the challenge theme. Definitely an original one. Good luck!

04 April 2010
Thanks Juraj for your kind words. I'll try to make another attempt. Every shot has fullscene GI already but some looks so much better with AO layer. Race is on.

_BB

04 April 2010
Very nice! I love also the ideea!Good luck!
Best to you!

04 April 2010
Finished Video: Cpt Awasome versus whale abductors from space

HI
This is my final entry.
Thanks for your help and support it was great adventure and because of exceptional conditions for me a great lesson. I wanted to make propoaganda movie-like report. Someware where b-grade movies survived to this day. I mixed number of popculture and kitch stuff in here. I didn't manage to make story as I initialy intended due to my avalible time limitations.
Special thanks:
M.S. for inspiration and support, relatives, cgsociety & coffie substitutes. Sound , music footage: freesound.org, archive.org, KCTV googlemaps, detonationfilms.com, old film look by Andrew Cramer@ videocopilot.net, particle illusion, 3ds max 2010/2011, City Scape and TYSON IBELE @ tysonibele.com ( Building generator saved my life mate! ), mayang.com
AND District 9 ( forgot to mention it in the making of)

Movie is 836x470 HD (88 mb) so please download flv and watch it in full res as it is supposed to be watched. Web player disturbs picture.

cheers!
_BB

Play Video >>

Last edited by fgdf : 04 April 2010 at 01:49 AM.

04 April 2010
Thanks Adrian!
So AO layers and some tweeks are now present, I consider this movie done.
Thanks again for your help and inspiration
Good luck with judging

Thread Closed share thread