B-Movie Entry: Tomasz Jedruszek

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2010
B-Movie Entry: Tomasz Jedruszek

Tomasz Jedruszek is entered in the "B-Movie" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: 9 Sqrm Production

03 March 2010
Concept / pre-visualization: 9 Sqrm production

Looking over some of the entries I realized it will be harder than I first expected to make something unique for this challenge. The main idea is to show some dominating monster rageing over some poor town...well , I decided to follow that direction to keep pure classic b-movie feeleing ,but aslo to show it from completly different angle..as allways I use to do. First I started with simple idea when watching this reference photo - so this is our base :a monster and his mother in deadly duet, of course as for b-movie suppose to be I am going to push this idea into ridiculness a little bit.

03 March 2010

and a closer to look to a movie poster . Two words about this entry title: 9 sqrm production - because this is really low low budget film , acctually it's been made by 3 people crew ,with one camcorder and a "studio " no more than 9 square meters surface...

03 March 2010

So this is the full story behind: small crew makeing movies in their small studio with very low budget. They do not care much about the final quality ,they just enjoy working toegether and each one of them giving as much skills and talent as they got themselfs to the movie.

One day they decided to start series of b-movie horrors about huge monster called " Turtle-shaped cookies eater" ,named that after its best lunch ,but unfotunatelly it is not the only thing it eats... after few sequels quite successful ,they finally making their best movie yet " the revenge of the turtle-shaped cookies eater's mother" ...this going to be the scariest movie ever!

03 March 2010
Work In Progress: 9 Sqrm production

last one before I go into colors I wanted to check basic lightning... major spotlight will be on the design board with some backlight from camcorder lcd

03 March 2010
hey morano,

looks like a solid and interesting concept this far, i like it.
perhaps you'll make the painting in the background bigger to let it draw more attention, yet it is a bit too inconspicuous despite of its lightning in my opinion.

there are only three days left; i hope you'll finish it in time.

good luck!

bran

03 March 2010
Work In Progress: 9 sqrm production

few hours later we already have colors and lights. There is stil a lot of work but I hope I finish before deadline. I wonder when I finally do challenge without submiting few hours before closing

03 March 2010
I'm loving it, great work so far.

03 March 2010
Just great! Like the idea.

03 March 2010
Final Image: 9 Sqrm production

9 sqr meters production is a small , in fact 3 persons only studio, making b-movies in a room 3x3 meters . Not really proffessional way ,not really good quality ,but the most important is they enjoy that job a lot and each one of them gives as much talent as skill as they can.

That is my simple story for this chellenge , I hope to get some more time and entry to video section too , after all you are all probably dieyig to see this " The revenge of the turtle-Shaped Cokies Eater's Mother " movie.

03 March 2010
Nice concept, Morano, and great painting so far! I love how the poster relates to the RL scene. I know you're still in progress with the background, but the light blue under her right leg makes it feel like there's a lot of space under there. Making that shadow area darker might help anchor her to the ground more.

A few notes about their faces. Just my opinion, not anything you should fix, but I thought I'd share: It feels weird to me that the artist is looking at us/the viewers/the camera instead of at his family/the subject of his painting. The fact that he's looking at us and not happy makes me feel a little like he's chiding us for peeking into his house, and it takes a warm scene and cools it off a little. As for the mother and son, I think it could help to have their faces more animated, the child more excited or entranced by the camera and the mother more happy at playing with her son. (I feel that they're both looking a little blank and emotionless.) Totally up to you, I don't mean to impose my wishes for more of a Norman Rockwell scene on what is obviously a very personal piece for you. Maybe I'm just seeing it through the filter of the expressions I would expect to see on my own son's and wife's faces. (My son is a similar age.)

But anyhow, that stuff notwithstanding, great work, and I hope you finish on time. Good luck!

edit: oops, you hadn't submitted final when i was typing this!

03 March 2010
Final Image: 9 Sqrm Production

Software: Photoshop

9 sqr meters production is a small , in fact 3 persons only studio, making b-movies in a room 3x3 meters . Not really proffessional way ,not really good quality ,but the most important is they enjoy that job a lot and each one of them gives as much talent as skill as they can.

That is my simple story for this chellenge , I hope to get some more time and entry to video section too , after all you are all probably dieyig to see this " The revenge of the turtle-Shaped Cokies Eater's Mother " movie.

03 March 2010

03 March 2010

03 March 2010
Not only is this an original and stunning image, it's also quite heart warming too.

I think it's safe to say that this is the only entry I've seen that comes off as heart warming...what have you done!

Beautiful job.

Thread Closed share thread