Frequently Asked Questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by AMDx64BT: During the contest is it possible to upload WIP videos in youtube or vimeo?

you can upload your work in progress anywhere you like.

Only files uploaded through our system will be judged however.

Twitter: salmonmoose

01 January 2010
thanks Salmonmoose!

This is going to be a lot of fun.

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by igorsandman: Thanks for your fast reply. I understand your position hence my question ;-) I'm waiting for your final answer.
Thanks
-IS-

Ok - we're actually really interested in this idea - our biggest concern is that your sponsor may be in conflict with some of the companies that sponsor the challenge, and we'd prefer to not tread on any toes. So, if you can let us know who your sponsor is going to be, we'll try you out as a test-case for future challenges

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by salmonmoose: Ok - we're actually really interested in this idea - our biggest concern is that your sponsor may be in conflict with some of the companies that sponsor the challenge, and we'd prefer to not tread on any toes. So, if you can let us know who your sponsor is going to be, we'll try you out as a test-case for future challenges

Roger that. I'll contact you as soon as I have a sponsor opportunity.
Me beeing put in a test tube is so appropriate in a b-movie challenge
Thanks
-IS-

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by igorsandman: Roger that. I'll contact you as soon as I have a sponsor opportunity.
Me beeing put in a test tube is so appropriate in a b-movie challenge
Thanks
-IS-

As a guide - anyone who is in competition with one of our sponsors is probably a bad choice

01 January 2010
thanks for yout long reply

01 January 2010
Hello I think these questions have been asked but for my own satisfaction please answer it
1) We can follow our own concept? Or do we have to specifically replicate an existing B movie?
2) Can we take an A grade Movie and make it feel like a B movie? Meaning letís take James Bond OR pirate of the Caribbean and make a funnier poster which shows that that this movie is a B grade movie, is this allowed?
Regards

01 January 2010
Just to make sure I understand the rules on publication of images:
I'm planning to base my image entry on a series I've been developing, and will be putting up online on my own website soon, so it'll have the same characters and general story as other artwork I'll be working on in parallel to the competition (I haven't started doing any of the artwork yet though). The way I understand the rules is that the image I use for my entry cannot be published anywhere but CGSociety until the end of the competition. I'm presuming this includes personal websites/portfolios etc. -Correct?
So can I do general concept art for characters/ settings/ etc. that will appear elsewhere on the web along with related content, as long as the image I choose for my entry is exclusively published on CGSociety?

01 January 2010
Am I missing somethig or it is pointless to send 1280x1024 wip images as it is impossible to see it in this resolution. It's downsized and I can't find way to see full resolution? (NO link in thread or entry page goes to full res wips - been that way for past 2 challenges)
SC
_BB

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by fgdf: Am I missing somethig or it is pointless to send 1280x1024 wip images as it is impossible to see it in this resolution. It's downsized and I can't find way to see full resolution? (NO link in thread or entry page goes to full res wips - been that way for past 2 challenges)
SC
_BB

We've deliberately hidden the high resolution images from the general public because people were worried in the last couple of challenges about people stealing their full res images.

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by TksDevil: 1) We can follow our own concept? Or do we have to specifically replicate an existing B movie?

Yep, your own idea will take you further

Originally Posted by TksDevil: 2) Can we take an A grade Movie and make it feel like a B movie? Meaning letís take James Bond OR pirate of the Caribbean and make a funnier poster which shows that that this movie is a B grade movie, is this allowed?
Regards

This probably falls under "fair use" but personally, you're better off coming up with your own idea.

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by Consideringthepickle: Just to make sure I understand the rules on publication of images:
I'm planning to base my image entry on a series I've been developing, and will be putting up online on my own website soon, so it'll have the same characters and general story as other artwork I'll be working on in parallel to the competition (I haven't started doing any of the artwork yet though). The way I understand the rules is that the image I use for my entry cannot be published anywhere but CGSociety until the end of the competition. I'm presuming this includes personal websites/portfolios etc. -Correct?
So can I do general concept art for characters/ settings/ etc. that will appear elsewhere on the web along with related content, as long as the image I choose for my entry is exclusively published on CGSociety?

This sounds ok - we're more concerned with print publication, and competing sites. Personal websites are fine - of course, publishing elsewhere on our site (including ballisticpublishing.com) isn't a problem at all.

01 January 2010
I'm planning on making the related images available for sale in print through Deviant Art too like print on demand/ self-publishing. Would I still be in the clear with that?

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by khendar: We've deliberately hidden the high resolution images from the general public because people were worried in the last couple of challenges about people stealing their full res images.

I understand.
Can i upload high res render of my wips via imageshack to mirror challenge upload? I don't know if this is a violation of some kind in this situation.
Same image but in full res. I want to pack more objects and let people see some details.
_SC

01 January 2010
one member wants to leave the team

Hello, i have a question, how can i remove a team member that doesnt want to continue in the challange, cant continue and we are just starting.

Thanks

reply share thread