Frequently Asked Questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2010
Team Members

I saw in the rules that all team members must be CGTalk member, but must all team members enter the competition and start an entry page or should the team leader just do that?

Dazland my website
Vimeo videos

01 January 2010
I don't know if it's the right place in this forum, but I would to show you my image for the challenge 'Accident' on *******: 'did you fill up the tank on mars?'
It took the 3rd place..
I think this could be much inspirational... ;-)

Final entry: http://www.tommasosanguigni.it/uplo...ni_accident.jpg

Enjoy!

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by DarrinH: I saw in the rules that all team members must be CGTalk member, but must all team members enter the competition and start an entry page or should the team leader just do that?

If you go through the instructions on the team page it should outline what needs to happen - a team leader needs to start the challenge, and then invite other members to join their group.

Twitter: salmonmoose

01 January 2010
Is very gore style (like Braindead, Evil Dead, etc) permitted ?

01 January 2010
thanks for this challenge, very nice topic. i hope we are not bound to do a b-movie style. what i am going to show is the b-movie director and his "famous" b-movie actor as they try to get a scene done, well and something else odd will be in there to.

here is my previz of the scene i am going to create.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...threadid=845014

i hope this approach is not to diffrent, but since it is dealing with b-movie and i really love the idea sofar, i think i would do this artwork no matter what... but i would appreciate your opinion.

thanks in advance

www.ikonia.de

01 January 2010
Hey,

Curious to know, How far can we go with blood, violence, nakedness, explicitness... in our entries? There are obviously few kinds of B-movies and some of them are on the edge however still cheesy. What if I want to have half-naked woman in the movie, or maybe something in the style of that Stahlberg poster? When it is still and illustrated maybe it has a bit different character than movie footage. You know, some of the B-things are pretty atractive and catchy to watch

01 January 2010
I have a couple of questions about the video entries:

1. Are sponsors allowed? (meaning getting money from a company and showing their name and website in the credits)

2. In the case of a live action film with a whole crew working on it, is it considered a team entry or is it still individual. I'm assuming it's considered an individual entry since I'm the director and the only one taking decisions for the final look of the film and for the technical aspect. But if it is considered a team entry do they all have to register on the boards, actors, crew and all or credits is enough?

Thanks
-IS-

01 January 2010
is it possible to have HD resolution for video category ? or any bit bigger in wide than 640px ?
staszek@staszekmarek.com

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by AMDx64BT: Is very gore style (like Braindead, Evil Dead, etc) permitted ?

Yes.

With Leigh and myself as judges, possibly even encouraged. Please wrap it in a warning for the more sensitive souls on our site though

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by kigosa: thanks for this challenge, very nice topic. i hope we are not bound to do a b-movie style. what i am going to show is the b-movie director and his "famous" b-movie actor as they try to get a scene done, well and something else odd will be in there to.

here is my previz of the scene i am going to create.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...threadid=845014

i hope this approach is not to diffrent, but since it is dealing with b-movie and i really love the idea sofar, i think i would do this artwork no matter what... but i would appreciate your opinion.

thanks in advance

Looks fine - pushing the envelope is always encouraged

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by JurajMolcak: Hey,

Curious to know, How far can we go with blood, violence, nakedness, explicitness... in our entries? There are obviously few kinds of B-movies and some of them are on the edge however still cheesy. What if I want to have half-naked woman in the movie, or maybe something in the style of that Stahlberg poster? When it is still and illustrated maybe it has a bit different character than movie footage. You know, some of the B-things are pretty atractive and catchy to watch

CGSociety is an ART site.

If violence, gore, nudity, vulgarity are used to enhance the art (rather than "heheheheh boobies!") we'll not have a problem with it.

If it's not PG13, be polite and warn people

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by igorsandman: I have a couple of questions about the video entries:

1. Are sponsors allowed? (meaning getting money from a company and showing their name and website in the credits)

Let me get back to you on that one, my feeling is "no" as we'd effectively be the ones doing the advertising - but others may not have a problem - don't ask yet

Originally Posted by igorsandman: 2. In the case of a live action film with a whole crew working on it, is it considered a team entry or is it still individual. I'm assuming it's considered an individual entry since I'm the director and the only one taking decisions for the final look of the film and for the technical aspect. But if it is considered a team entry do they all have to register on the boards, actors, crew and all or credits is enough?

Only digital contributors need to be listed as part of a team, this includes musicians/foley artists if you want to be in the running for the sound/music prize.

Actors, and crew need to be credited, and it'd be wise to have waivers et al. But they are not considered team members.

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by Staszek: is it possible to have HD resolution for video category ? or any bit bigger in wide than 640px ?

Not as it stands - we're looking to shift to x264 for the next challenge.

reply share thread