Character: Skater Animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2003
as an ex skater all i can say is " WOOHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA"

but he seems to be leaning a bit to far out when he's doing that blunt slide..but i dont know.
walk with the master,
see through the master,
become the master.

06 June 2003
Um... what fluxgrafx said.

Really well done. Very, very believable animation. Thanks for sharing it.

06 June 2003
just added my praise, excellent animation and modelling!

06 June 2003
wow, this is a totally kick ass animation! add some music/sound and it will be even better!

06 June 2003
I wasn't aware so many people here skated... Looks great man, the little details like the fingers twitching adds a lot to the animation. The camera angles are also nice.

Please post more when you get the chance.

06 June 2003
Oh la la!!

This is really cool! I loved the cartoon style with the awesome tricks you created! Nothing to say except that I would maybe render some more angle shots and move the camera were you usually can't! Might be time consumming but in the end would kick ass! Like it was said earlier in, if you add in some sound it's the total!

Great job, hope to see more!

Sk8er rulez!

06 June 2003
wow

great work

camera moving looks good !

06 June 2003
Thanks agian everybody for all the great comments.

Rojo: Ya, that is cool that alot of people here skate. Suprised me too

kebabflott: Do you mean he is leaning a bit far out to the right during the blutslide or towards the camera?

m@: All of my friends thought my color corection was lame, but i stuck with it. Im glad someone else likes it.

samartin: Definetly no motion capure. Iwish Ihad my own mocap studio!

apuente: Thanks! I used mental ray for the pass direcly in the middle of my breakdown images and a GI hack plugin called "Sky" for the pass under that one that looks like a giant, ambient-lit, white room.

fluxgrafx: I'm glad you liked it, and yes, i was inspired by Mike V.'s part in Lable Kills for that kick-your-board-away-and-let-it-spin-befor-jumping-back-on sort of trick. what can i say? its a cool trick!

mattmos: I went to The Savannah College Of Art And Design for three years as a transfer student. They have top-knotch facilities. however, Idont recomend taking classes there for computer art. You will learn alot more just by reading this forum. They do have awsome equipment though. That was one of the main reasons i stayed there.

06 June 2003
Fantastic work.
I have one question, did you meticulously block out the whole sequence with key poses and then go through in several passes to work out all the secondary animation on the various parts of the body, or did you go at this 'straight ahead' and then clean up your timing after?
I'd be interested to know.
Simply great stuff though, can't wait to see more.
Cheers.

06 June 2003
HOT.

So so hot.

Nice work..

06 June 2003
As a skate lover i have to say you've perfectly captured the skating mood, fantastic work on the animation too![Plugged]

06 June 2003
that was one of the most impressive pieces of animation Ive seen in some time, wowie, 5 stars all the way,

Tyler

06 June 2003
OOPPSSS !!! Sorry wasn't meant to come across as implying you were using MoCap, you are so damn near the fluidity of someone skating I meant it as a compliment...

Website
Life in Black and White

06 June 2003
that looked so real !! almost as if you had taken the background from a film, great work here !

share thread