Character: Mech Girl ~ (my latest work! ^_^)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2003
IT IS AN AMAZING WORK! I like it a lot....the red in the back is a great detail and add colour to the scene! great!

B-movie

05 May 2003
excellent attention to details - it really adds to the overall quality. 2.5 weeks is a decent time, too. Is that full out, every waking hour, a typical working day or a few hours here and there? That will make the difference between moving up in the world or hobbyist...

(it would have taken me 2 weeks to design!)

05 May 2003
Very nice !!

05 May 2003
Thanks guys!!!

wires:

(Sorry about the Delay, my webspace got full and I had to clear out some old uni junk )

^ All elements coverted to the base polys, except for the nurbs objects and the highlighted objects in the last pic

There's some surfaces that aren't quads, but they didn't seam to cause any anomolies where I wanted it to be smooth

Quote: Originally posted by Kaiser_Sose
In maya what type of organic modeling do you do . for the face and front side ... subdivision, polygonal, or nurbs

Start out with Polygons and then convert to SubDiv for the organic parts like the head and torso

Last edited by ceql : 05 May 2003 at 01:18 PM.

05 May 2003
Quote: Originally posted by phyle
I notice your on the gold coast, what degree ru doing??

I'm doing Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation strand) at QUT, altho no maya subjects until next year! doh! Ahh well, as long as I have access to the Maya room... I'm really enjoying the Drawing for animation subjects!

Quote: Originally posted by oxyg3n
Where did you get your inspiration from??

From all you guys @ CGTalk! Plus movies and games... I bought Metal Gear Solid 2 for PC the other week (btw, 7gb install! 3gb minimum), but haven't had to chance to play it yet

Quote: Originally posted by Hickory2.5
Where can you get that script you spoke of. The "goomoo script thing" I could really use that pipe function, working on a robot myself...

http://goomoo.nease.net/ It can save alot of time from repetivite tasks...

Quote: Originally posted by Gingerhammer
2.5 weeks is a decent time, too. Is that full out, every waking hour, a typical working day or a few hours here and there?

that's spending all day working... the concept got tweeked a few times during the time though.... it was originally just going to be a head cuz I didn't think I'd have time!

05 May 2003
Quote: Originally posted by azazel
Just a thought: maybe give some parts bit organic, soft material, with slight translucence - to contrast with hard, plastic /metal elements?

Good idea, I haven't been able to get any properly translucent looking shaders in Maya (/me dreams of SSS :d~~~~), but it's something I'd like to look into!

Quote: Originally posted by Frinsklen
Maybe a different color on the background to create some contrast with the character would help, just a thought.

Good idea, I might desaturate the background colour a little... I might give it a tweek before I print it for submission

more wires:

Last edited by ceql : 05 May 2003 at 02:01 PM.

05 May 2003
DOUBLE WOW!
The hairs style is very great~ I like this idea~

05 May 2003
wow

05 May 2003
NICCEE!!

05 May 2003
uh...
That is awesome!!!

Maybe I just missed them, but does she have legs??

05 May 2003
just awesome! I love the hair and the hands are excellent. No crits, great job all around

05 May 2003
Very original! Sweet work!

Portfolio

mischief. mayhem. soap.

share thread