Character/vehicle: my old Monobike revisited

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
Stahlberg;

Your women, are exceptionally beautiful, and what's more beautiful is your attention to realism. How the women's breast curve and mold to the surface they pressing down on.

Just everything. I love your work, I always look to your work for inspiration, and when my eyes need to relax.

Good job man, I'm sure you've heard it so many times in your life.

And you'll continue to hear from me at least.

01 January 2004
wow huge improvement. It must be nice to look back and see how much your work has improved.

The only thing I'm not too sure about, is the road/surface that she driving on. In the context of the picture it's not really explained. It just seems to be floating in space. Maybe you just need some kind of bgd detail to set it right.

Sweet work, very high quality.

01 January 2004
i like first picture more ...more natural,i mean more sexsy!!

Last edited by code07 : 01 January 2004 at 02:21 AM.

01 January 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Stahlberg
Cool, thanks, some good feedback. It's true the background is a bit over-powering now. As for the practicality of the design, this is the future and they have (obviously) mastered anti-gravity and the use of invisible force-fields for protection.

I also like the slightly 'rounder' woman in the first version, but I was using my generic body for this, and she's more slender. Perhaps too slender, I'll see.

As for being a 'titillation shot', well duh. The image lacks believeablility? Yeah, I guess so.
But I certainly don't accept that this is degrading to women. If you want to take offense, fine, go ahead. But I'm not taking responsability for it. It's true a man in the same pose would be weird, but I can think of other poses that would show off a man's physique nicely, and I think I could design a vehicle that showcases it like this. Would an image of that be degrading to men?

And lastly, yes the bike design is mine too.

Ah don't sweat it man. I have never seen this response to your artwork on the web. And seriously, if any artist prepares their work with "heart" like you do what can be wrong with it?

Keep modeling beautiful women. It's your gift. The loveliest creations on earth are beautiful women and flowers. They are worthy of our artistic interest.

Last edited by JA-forreal : 01 January 2004 at 02:37 AM.

01 January 2004
I like the image. I saw the first image several years ago, but the remake looks really sweet. Especially the thong!!!

01 January 2004
I wish I could see more of her face...I am not crazy about the lighting/rendering, defineltly a great model though.

01 January 2004
POST REMOVED

Last edited by KolbyJukes : 01 January 2004 at 09:45 AM.

01 January 2004
The background in the 2nd pic definitely steals the attention.

I know it's not meant to be realistic, but I would think your back would hurt after spending too much time on that bike.

01 January 2004
Re: Character/vehicle: my old Monobike revisited

Quote: Originally posted by Stahlberg
[B]I did this image around 1997, (Alias PowerAnimator)
I know, it's silly...

Its still pretty silly
--which is totally okay
love,hen

01 January 2004
oh man this is one of my old favorites and wow how youve improved upon it, i would love to just see an animation of her cruising, not doing anything special just to see it in action with that bacground slowly passing by would be awesome.

01 January 2004
Kwak:
plz, take the opinions on my website and that cg talk gameicon challenge picture with me by pm instead of in someone elses thread.

01 January 2004
Much better. I don't feel the background detracts from the focus of the piece. It catches the eye, sure, but it adds a lot overall.

The hair is a great improvement, in my opinion. Now, it appears, she has a head full of individual strands of hair, not clumps. I especially appreciate the multi-colored aspect of her hair versus the solid shade of your first blonde. Just how fast is she moving, though? The blur of the ground makes me believe she is cooking, but the hair on the front of her head seems unaffected.

Fantastic job on her back. The detail and the way the light is hitting it...very nice! Her hand appears very realistic, as well. Something about her eyes is throwing me off. Dunno what it is. Sorry I can't elaborate.

That's about it from me...

Is she packing heat?

01 January 2004
Those style vehicles are coming....

Great work, a real improvement on the original(which I loved back in the day) particularly I like her clothing, look designed and not thrown on, very good.

You know those vehicles are coming in the near future. check it out,

http://www.wired.com/news/technolog...2,61216,00.html

01 January 2004
Fantastic work
the second much better

01 January 2004
Great stuff Steven - and it's good to see she's not wearing the high heels anymore, I always felt they were a saftey hazard :-)

Last edited by AlexScollay : 01 January 2004 at 03:50 AM.

share thread