Secret Agent Entry: Fernando Porcel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2009
Secret Agent Entry: Fernando Porcel

Fernando Porcel is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The searing kiss of hot lead

Last edited by Ferx : 07 July 2009 at 11:10 PM.

07 July 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: First ideas

Here again in a new CGS challenge, good luck to all and have fun !! :D

I dont have a clear concept yet, but trying some first ideas. I want a film noir environment for the concept. Here are the first rough sketches.

07 July 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: More ideas and atmospheres

Working on some ideas for the atmosphere and mood for the concept.

07 July 2009
like the whole film noir angle. can't wait to see what your final comp looks like. best of luck mate!

07 July 2009
Wink

Hey Ferx

I miss you Carnal, hehe... nice to see you enter in this, the atmosphere is great, look like dark novel or gothic city, i wainting for story and update, Very good start.

Good Luck!!!

S.

07 July 2009
Feeeeer!

I'm so glad you made time for this challenge, honestly, it wouldn't be the same without you!
And now that you are here, I'm all eyes to see yout masterful paintings, once again!
Big fan of your work, amigo!
Have fun!

07 July 2009
Will - Thanks for your words!! I really appreciate it! Cheers!!

Gustavo - Que onda pana?? Really glad that you liked the environment concept. I really dont know the concept that I want to develop for this challenge, hahahahah, I need some tequilas for inspiration! Thanks again for drop by. Cheers!!

Mathias - Hey kompis!! Really thanks my friend!! I dont want to miss the all fun of this challenge And always is a great pleasure to ride along your side in the CGS challenges Thanks again for your words and encouragement, a great motivation!! Cheers!!

07 July 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: More film noir style enviroments

Another rough sketch in the film noir and retro style. I like the rainy idea for the concept. Ok, I dont have any strong concept yet.... hahahaha :D Im a bit dry of ideas... time to call the tequila muse :D

Last edited by Ferx : 07 July 2009 at 05:00 AM.

07 July 2009
Hi Fernando

Glad to see you participating.
I actually like the first concept in post 3, it has that mystery feel to it...
Good luck with the challenge!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

07 July 2009
great start moody stuff.

which one you going with ?
A

07 July 2009
Sasha - Really thanks for drop by my thread We are missing you, in the dark side of the force Is not the same without you Im thinking in a variation for the sketch on post 3, but with that dark and misty background. Thanks again for your words! Cheers!!

Alwyn - Thanks mate! I don't know what will be my final concept. I want to explore some concepts more to clarify my ideas (I hope hahahahah ) Cheers!!

07 July 2009
Film Noir..hmmm.... Have you thought of doing something like... a "Casablanca" image?

World War 2... Morroco... love.. betrayal.. and Black and White?

Your second painting.. tells me you've thought of something like that. But I'm thinking if you look up Casablanca it might form faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8N2fsSxRQI

Hope that helped!

07 July 2009
Giancarlo - Thanks for the comment ! You are right, Im thinking a bit in a retro style in the line of "Casablanca" and perhaps a bit more darker enviroments like "Maltese Falcon" or "The Big Sleep" And if I use a evil woman for the concept for sure I use Lauren Bacall like inspiration . "Love and betrayal" is a cool idea for the concept, thanks for pointing that! And thanks for the "Casablanca" link, very useful for sure! Cheers!!

07 July 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: Another concept and environment

Exploring another idea. More in the line of "Tech Noir" (cyberpunk style) and "Future -noir" films.

07 July 2009
Originally Posted by Ferx: Giancarlo - Thanks for the comment ! You are right, Im thinking a bit in a retro style in the line of "Casablanca" and perhaps a bit more darker enviroments like "Maltese Falcon" or "The Big Sleep" And if I use a evil woman for the concept for sure I use Lauren Bacall like inspiration . "Love and betrayal" is a cool idea for the concept, thanks for pointing that! And thanks for the "Casablanca" link, very useful for sure! Cheers!!

Yes.. maybe like.. a scene where the Humphrey Bogart character is being arrested by Nazis and the Ingrid Bergman/Leading lady type is pointing to him (sold him out) while weeping and looking away from him.. and the Bogart guy is shocked.. and sad.. Maybe holding his passport (there is NO entry in this contest depicting travelling papers!).

The Bogart type realizes with so many Nazi threats.. she had no choice. And his face is a mish-mash of sadness.. but maybe also understanding. Everybody's gestures would be in that expressive "before bullet holes were made" style of Movie acting.

Oh you can almost hear the sad music... see the cigarette smoke in the cabaret.... In black and white this kind of scene can be very strong.

Good luck!

Thread Closed share thread