Frequently Asked Questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2009   #61
Hi, i have a dude, in my idea for the 2d art theres a dead body, its ok the blood in the image? or the body of someone??

Old 06 June 2009   #62
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoBoraso
Hi, i have a dude, in my idea for the 2d art theres a dead body, its ok the blood in the image? or the body of someone??

Yes, that's OK.

(Before someone asks, we will also accept puppies, unicorns, sunflowers, etc.)

Old 06 June 2009   #63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongeali
Im not sure how to go about uploading my WIP images, is this in the submit entry section? I thought this was for my final entry but I also submit final image.

Submit Entry is for submitting WIP images:
http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ubmit_entry.php

Upload Final Image is for uploading your final image:
http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...final_image.php

Old 06 June 2009   #64
Smile

Sorry, my doubt is if I have to do a picture of one of the histories, or can I think another one of mine?

Old 06 June 2009   #65
"Show us cunning devices, subtle disguises, and really cool cars."

I realize that the story is the most important judging criteria but will my chances of winning hurt if I am missing a cool car? Hopefully I have the first two elements in my image.

Thanks

Old 06 June 2009   #66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelion
"Show us cunning devices, subtle disguises, and really cool cars."

I realize that the story is the most important judging criteria but will my chances of winning hurt if I am missing a cool car? Hopefully I have the first two elements in my image.

Thanks

Not at all. These are just suggestions.

Old 06 June 2009   #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto.goicoechea
Sorry, my doubt is if I have to do a picture of one of the histories, or can I think another one of mine?

We'd prefer that you come up with something of your own.

Old 06 June 2009   #68
Can I follow a visual style (Nihei's mangas) for the characters and environments of my animation??? everything would be original, but following nihei's cyberpunk style

Old 06 June 2009   #69
Quote:
Originally Posted by arLutiK
Hi

I need a bit of music for one scene of my video (maybe two) I have no musical talent

Can I use part of copyright music if I credit it?

If you still have a need for some music, I have a friend that might be willing to compose some for you.
http://kitsuneko-xenon.deviantart.com/
You can contact him through that site, although I'm not going to guarantee he'll help.

Old 06 June 2009   #70
Question

Hi,

I've already posted a pre-viz image but now i'm planning for changing my concept.

Is it valid to start with new concept in the same thread?

my current concept is a lot western and i would like to give it more indian look.

thanks in advance,

Nikhil

Old 06 June 2009   #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SahaneNik
Hi,

I've already posted a pre-viz image but now i'm planning for changing my concept.

Is it valid to start with new concept in the same thread?

my current concept is a lot western and i would like to give it more indian look.

thanks in advance,

Nikhil

Of course. You can change your concept as many times as you like.

Old 06 June 2009   #72
On the matter of pre-fab models, you said it would be okay to use poser/daz content.
Does that include the various figure models available like Victoria4, Aiko/Xin, Micheal4?

Also does crediting the work of other artists working on daz/poser content such as clothes, props,hair,texture,mapping and morph developers should recieve credit to their names for their work?

If the answer is "yes" to all of the above, i'm in.
If the answer is "no" to any of these, i'm in anyway!

My ShareCG

Old 06 June 2009   #73
I can't help but think that you're so close to answering your own question that I'm surprised it didn't connect when you typed that out. Let me help.

1. Are the various figure models available (like Victoria4, Aiko/Xin, Micheal4) Poser/Daz content?

2. Are the Daz/Poser content such as clothes, props, hair, texture, mapping and morph developers created by you or someone else that should be credited?

Old 06 June 2009   #74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirt
I can't help but think that you're so close to answering your own question that I'm surprised it didn't connect when you typed that out. Let me help.

1. Are the various figure models available (like Victoria4, Aiko/Xin, Micheal4) Poser/Daz content?

2. Are the Daz/Poser content such as clothes, props, hair, texture, mapping and morph developers created by you or someone else that should be credited?

Aw man i'm such a noob at a 3d terms. like static mesh- i dont know what that is..
Really i planned on doing my own props, maps and textures if i could use the figure models.
I still cant figure model...yet
Okay i'll go back reread the post then look up the terms.
Thanks

My ShareCG

Old 06 June 2009   #75
Question

Q: hi, i tried to find this question but i think no one asked yet:

can i post my W.I.P images at my zbrush central sketchbook? or do i have to wait until challenge end to post outside cgtalk?

reply share thread