Frequently Asked Questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

06 June 2009
Originally Posted by DarwinsMishap: I am not sure if this is redundant, but I am asking in any event.

I noticed (finally) in the email received when I entered into this challenge that there was an offer of Softimage's XSI Essentials 6.5 for those that entered.

Has anyone noticed the link for the downloaded program takes one back to CGSociety Challenge XXII Uplift Universe - Alien Relations page?

Barrios

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpos...40&postcount=26

Please read the thread before posting questions. Chances are its been asked before.

06 June 2009
Hi, I wanted to ask, am I allowed to work on more than one different ideas, post WIPs for them even possibly finish them both and then decide which to upload as a final image?
Thanx

06 June 2009
Originally Posted by goofara: Hi, I wanted to ask, am I allowed to work on more than one different ideas, post WIPs for them even possibly finish them both and then decide which to upload as a final image?
Thanx

If you think you have the time to work on two different ideas and still get them finished then you can do what you want. But you are only allowed to have one entry thread.

06 June 2009
i have a quick question

i have this idea for my entry to have it as 2 comic book covers, one from the first issue and one from the last issue of a series about my agent. Is it acceptable to have them both in a single image side by side, or is that like having 2 entries?

06 June 2009
Originally Posted by robo3687: i have a quick question

i have this idea for my entry to have it as 2 comic book covers, one from the first issue and one from the last issue of a series about my agent. Is it acceptable to have them both in a single image side by side, or is that like having 2 entries?

That sounds fine to me.

06 June 2009
cool thanks....now i can start on some compositions/blocking out etc

i'm basically doing this cos I was torn between 2 ideas and the 2 covers concept worked to allow me to have both ideas...lol

06 June 2009
Delete it i got the answers

Last edited by yahyaehsan : 06 June 2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: got the answer

06 June 2009
hi.

i was reading thru the faq and some of the other pages and couldnt seem to find answers to these questions.

are there any specific guidelines i have to follow when im designing this secret agent character? does he/ she have to have some sort of special tuxedo with gadgets or something like that?
how much creative freedom do i have on this??

does it matter if I include other assets to the final image like lets say a motorcycle or some sort of mini helper bot or somethin??

i was thinking of having my character on a detailed base with some objects on it, like maybe a broken pillar or maybe some skulls or something. can i do that??

sorry for my english and sorry if these questions have been answered already!

06 June 2009
nerveink - You might want to take a look at other entries that are being worked on. All of your questions would be answered by example.

06 June 2009
Originally Posted by Kirt: individual - of, relating to, or distinctively associated with one person.

I'm unclear on how much has to be done alone. I want to do the individual video but it's nay impossible to shoot something interesting alone. I mean some has to hold the camera and someone has to be in front of it... So to clarify is it all CG work done alone if you want to be in the individual category?

EDIT:
I'll probably just do a small group entry...

www.agentfx.com

Last edited by destruct007 : 06 June 2009 at 12:04 AM.

06 June 2009
As the person who is entering the challenge it is up to you to determine if your entry is to be an individual or team effort. If you choose to get assistance from other people during the time you are working on your submission then they should be made aware that you have decided to enter the competition as an individual or team and what amount of prize split you are willing to part with (in the event that you win the challenge).

We can't make that decision for you. Are you a team or an individual? If you don't know, maybe you shouldn't enter until you can figure it out.

If it were me and I had a friend helping then I'd enter as a team and make arrangements for a division of prizes if we won. But that's me.

06 June 2009
Hi. I want to update my thread, and actually generate a thumbnail on it so people bother to look at it, but after several days of having 30+ posts I see I am not able to add attachments yet. Am I missing something. I have already contacted cgsociety, but have recieved no reply. I'd really like to get immersed in this comp, but not having attachments is a bit of a back step.

Cheers.

06 June 2009
Originally Posted by MonteCristo-3DT: Hi. I want to update my thread, and actually generate a thumbnail on it so people bother to look at it, but after several days of having 30+ posts I see I am not able to add attachments yet. Am I missing something. I have already contacted cgsociety, but have recieved no reply. I'd really like to get immersed in this comp, but not having attachments is a bit of a back step.

Cheers.

You're not submitting images through the Submit Entry page:

http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ubmit_entry.php

06 June 2009
Ahhh... Very Cool.

Didn't realise that we could do that for stages too. Thanks for the help.

06 June 2009
Im not sure how to go about uploading my WIP images, is this in the submit entry section? I thought this was for my final entry but I also submit final image.

reply share thread