Frequently Asked Questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2009   #31
If your "team" is OK with you submitting work for a contest where you would possibly receive prizes and claim everything as an "individual" then I suppose there's not much we could do about that. Your call.

Old 06 June 2009   #32
Nope it's not ok. Just thought i must have two or more people working with CG elements to be called a team in these challenges.
I'll enter as a team anyway as there are more guys will join me.

Thnx Kirt.

Last edited by Asafina : 06 June 2009 at 11:08 PM.

Old 06 June 2009   #33
Might be an off-topic question, but might fit in here:

I see everyone have there latest update as a thumbnail, just beside there topic,
how do i get this?

Cheers

Old 06 June 2009   #34
Originally Posted by andreasolsen: Might be an off-topic question, but might fit in here:

I see everyone have there latest update as a thumbnail, just beside there topic,
how do i get this?

Cheers

You have to submit your updates through the Submit Entry page: http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ubmit_entry.php

Old 06 June 2009   #35
Originally Posted by lioration: sorry, I missed this spot.
thanks

Just for the record, it was in the same place for the last challenge as well.

Old 06 June 2009   #36
Hi

I need a bit of music for one scene of my video (maybe two) I have no musical talent

Can I use part of copyright music if I credit it?

Master & Servant

my site

Old 06 June 2009   #37
Originally Posted by arLutiK: Hi

I need a bit of music for one scene of my video (maybe two) I have no musical talent

Can I use part of copyright music if I credit it?

I don't think CGSociety or specifically the CGChallenge is a recognized venue for the disregard of copyright law. Check the Collab forum for posts by musicians willing to help with your music needs. Or find some music that is usable without having to hire a lawyer.

Old 06 June 2009   #38
hi,

is it my computer or is the "view all entries" -site (http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ent/entries.php) not working? I just get the numbers of challengers and entries, but not any pictures.

thx e

Old 06 June 2009   #39
No it's not just you. The link is incorrect on the challenge page. Use the link that is at the top of this forum (which works properly)

----------------for Admin--------------------------
Good link - http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...iew_entries.php

Bad link - http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ent/entries.php

Old 06 June 2009   #40
Thumbs up

ahh....thanks!

Old 06 June 2009   #41
Quote: However, failure to correctly credit all inspirations, third party works, team members, actors, etc will result in automatic disqualification.

I have some questions to this statement.

Q1: What is concidered to be a correct credit of inspiration?

Lets say I have found numerous pictures over the internet that have inspired me.

Q2: How should I credit the unknown copyright holders?
Q3: Would a link to the website I found the picture on be enough credit?

I'm greatly inspired by movies and their styles (style of clothing, type of lighting/mood, story)

Q4: Is it enough to name the movie titles or should I name the director, producer, main actors and maybe even post a timecode of the movie scene that inspired me?

would be great to get an answer and with it be on the safe side. thanks

Old 06 June 2009   #42
For unknown copyright holders, I find the easiest way to credit your inspirations is to upload the reference material to your challenge page. Screen shots labeled as reference images should be adequate to meet the requirement. If the information is known, then put the info in a post (preferably a post that is includes an image submission so it appears on your challenge page). Link to website is good also.

Old 06 June 2009   #43
thanks for straighten that up Kirt

Old 06 June 2009   #44
Edit. redundant question.

Old 06 June 2009   #45
I am not sure if this is redundant, but I am asking in any event.

I noticed (finally) in the email received when I entered into this challenge that there was an offer of Softimage's XSI Essentials 6.5 for those that entered.

Has anyone noticed the link for the downloaded program takes one back to CGSociety Challenge XXII Uplift Universe - Alien Relations page?

Barrios

reply share thread