Frequently Asked Questions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2009   #16
Hi pals, thanks for the new challenge.

I want to make a humourus image, based on some ideas I have for a personal work, just adapting then to the theme. The instructions seems to ask for something more "serious" instead of funny, does that interpretation of the instructions is right?, or doesn't matter the mood of the image?.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06 June 2009   #17
Julian, you can pick anything you want, some people even have humour as a theme riding through pretty much all their challenge works! (Have you seen Michael Dashow's pieces?) Don't worry, you won't be penalized for making the judges chuckle.

Old 06 June 2009   #18
Hello Anton
so glad join this creative journey once again. I'm sure everybody is gaining a lot of just following the wip of so many talented people around.
just wanted to ask, as a lesson of the steam punk challenge- is there a way to put a count- down clock so people will know how much time is left till deadline, with out having the trouble with the time zone issue.
besides, it is much more motivating when you have the send falling trough the sand-glass, in front of your eyes.
also- what about the problems with the final image uploading system? was that taken care of?
thanks
Lior

Old 06 June 2009   #19
Originally Posted by lioration: Hello Anton
just wanted to ask, as a lesson of the steam punk challenge- is there a way to put a count- down clock so people will know how much time is left till deadline, with out having the trouble with the time zone issue.
besides, it is much more motivating when you have the send falling trough the sand-glass, in front of your eyes.

Countdown clock is right here: http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ubmit_entry.php

Last edited by khendar : 06 June 2009 at 11:41 AM.

Old 06 June 2009   #20
Originally Posted by khendar: Countdown clock is right here: http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ubmit_entry.php

sorry, I missed this spot.
thanks

Old 06 June 2009   #21
Can you please clarify what you deem as sculpture from modeling catagories ?

I see sculpture as "live" works using traditional methods eg: chavant clay, sculpty etc.

Where as using ZBrush or Mudbox can be deemed as either digital sculpting or modeling.

Old 06 June 2009   #22
Hi, my question would be:

What is the opinion towards the usage of realtime rendering?
I'd like to use Cryengine2.

/Ats

Old 06 June 2009   #23
The site is called CG Society, so you are generally expected to use the CG versions of sculpture, not natural media, for your 3D entry.

Theresa - Darn, you got there before I could make a sarcastic comment. Thanks for the nod, though!

Old 06 June 2009   #24
So what is the difference? Digital modeling is just that. Or are we now saying because you use ZBrush or Mudbox it is somehow different than Maya, Max ?

I think the title is redundant. That is why I am asking.

When does modeling stop becoming a model but is now considered a scuplture?

Old 06 June 2009   #25
Originally Posted by Spyndel: Just FYI, the entry confirmation email repeats the free XSI 6.5 offer from the Uplift challenge, and links to an XSI page that still says "Uplift" challenge. Im not sure if this is erroneous or not, but I cant find any mention of it in the Secret Agent challenge pages.
I just noticed that when I went back and read the confirmation email. There isn't a page for the current challenge, so is this offer no longer valid/included in the confirmation email as a mistake?

Old 06 June 2009   #26
Originally Posted by Swizzle: I just noticed that when I went back and read the confirmation email. There isn't a page for the current challenge, so is this offer no longer valid/included in the confirmation email as a mistake?

You're right. There's no XSI offer this time around. That's an unfortunate carry over from the old challenges. I'll go fix it.

Old 06 June 2009   #27
Well, i really need someone to answer my questions so i can start.

Quote: i want to use an actor, and sound designer.
But i'll do all the work including editing, compositing, modeling and texturing.

Can i enter the video individuals category?
Or is it considered as a team?

Another question:
Can i use language other than english (with english subtitle of course)?

Thanks alot in advance. =)

Sorry for the trouble.

Old 06 June 2009   #28
Edit-Figured it out, thank you.

Last edited by DarwinsMishap : 06 June 2009 at 07:39 PM.

Old 06 June 2009   #29
Originally Posted by Asafina: Well, i really need someone to answer my questions so i can start.

Question #1:
team - a number of persons (two or more) associated together in work or activity.
individual - of, relating to, or distinctively associated with one person.

Question #2:
Yes, that would be fine.

Old 06 June 2009   #30
Of course i know that.

i remember i read in the last challenge that "Team" is meant for people who just work in CG elements.
Someone answered that when a person asked if it's ok to ask a friend to make music for him.
That's why i'm a bit cofused.

thnx anyway

Last edited by Asafina : 06 June 2009 at 09:08 PM.

reply share thread