Secret Agent Entry: Ding Wang

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2009
Secret Agent Entry: Ding Wang

Ding Wang is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Just another day at work!

Last edited by dingwang6 : 08 August 2009 at 01:41 AM.

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: concept layout

trying to figure out the layout

Last edited by dingwang6 : 06 June 2009 at 04:02 AM.

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: more ideas

I am having trouble choosing the final ideas.
Plz I am seeking some feedbacks on this, any comment or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you! :)

BTW final image will be done in 3D, I am just trying to visualize my idea

06 June 2009
very good concept mate and nice looking. Keep forward. Best!

06 June 2009
Smile

hi, good work so far, i love it!! very exciting to see, suggestion, maybe you have her head turn to the audience with a smile or laughter if though she really meant to kill him.. take care for now, can't wait to see this one completed!!

06 June 2009
The left-most one and central one seem to denote Despairing situations because her chances of triumph with a handgun against a tank or Octopus(!) seem very small.

My first thought was: "Oh.. her squad is dead.. she's the only one left".

Then again the Octopus is out of water.... so maybe it doesn't have long before it succumbs.

The Right-Most one ironically looks like a triumphing situation. She killed off her enemies and can now be extracted.

Good luck.

06 June 2009
ShogunWarrior: thank you for the input, I did wanna show her face a little bit, but dont wanna ruin the story that the image convey. but you did gave me a hint, lemme try out sth tonight

CGIPadawan: hey, thank you for the comments, its always good to know what others' first impression is about the visual story.

to me, I think the last one looks "quiet" visually, the middle one is more intense. thats why I got this dilemma

06 June 2009
I really like the hair as a graphic element. Very eye catching. I agree that it would be nice to see her face. You might consider sketching out a version like that just to compare against the other images, you can then reject it if you end up not liking it. You could have her running or crawling towards the camera and away from the octopus, for example. Or have her face reflect in the metal vehicle or a shiny tentacle.

It might help you choose which version is your favorite if you pin down what your focal point of the image will be. The guy's face in the foreground is competing against her lighter colored rear end and her flashy red hair. Where do you want to draw the viewer's eye? As a composition, I prefer the center image because the tentacle circles around her head, framing it and drawing your eyes to her head. It also feels more exciting as a story.

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: new concept

thanks to the comments and suggestions guys, I think i pushed the concept and story one step furthur

also I made tighter drawing on the girl, if the time is allowed, I will try to make both 2D and 3D version

Thanks for viewing, comments and suggestions r always welcomed

Last edited by dingwang6 : 06 June 2009 at 02:50 AM.

06 June 2009
woweee! awesome hair! her pose rocks too! lookin back sayin "@#$@$#"
i wonder what's gonna be next ..
cheers n good luck mate!

06 June 2009
Originally Posted by nwiz25: woweee! awesome hair! her pose rocks too! lookin back sayin "@#$@$#"
i wonder what's gonna be next ..
cheers n good luck mate!

nwiz25:
hey , thanks you
next I will sketch out the character concept, mostly for the suit
and find some reference for the background, as of now, I think it will be in some kinda warehouse

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: more fixes

changed a few things today
added a brief case she got from the evil doctor who has a robotic arm lying on the ground,lol
hope this makes more sense story wise, I really wanna nail down the concept before I start anything in 3D

06 June 2009
The scientist with no hands... Yes... now THAT is getting into the Spy Movie Spirit!

Looks great.

06 June 2009
I am new to drop, huh, huh. I come from China. We need the help of

I would like to study and work in your country, I feel your good works, I hope you can give me in a few web design or graphic design web sites and web site I would like to thank the

06 June 2009
Great perspective / camera angles...

Looking good so far... keep the great work coming

Thread Closed share thread