Old 04-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
biglip225

portfolio
Mohammed Dreas
2d/3d compositor - 3d animator
PIXEL Studio - Star animation
Dubai, United%2BArab%2BEmirates

Information request about Emily carr canada

Iím willing to move to Canada next year to study at the Emily carr (http://www.ecuad.ca/) university (fine art bachelor degree with an animation major) and the honestly the stakes are pretty high cuz literally I have to put everything I have to go there so if thereís any kind of information about the schoolís program/scholarships would be greatly appreciated and I need also to ask about job opportunities there for students based on my demo reel (http://www.vimeo.com/10775003) meaning that i wonder if is it possible there for me to make a living and pay the school (the tuition fees for the whole year is about 12000 CND)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by biglip225 : 04-14-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
biglip225

portfolio
Mohammed Dreas

somebody Please

Umm.. hello guys could somebody answer my thread cuz Iím pretty helpless

Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
colesslaw
Frequenter

portfolio
Sherrie Law
Shading TA
Vancouver, Canada

I read your post previously but didn't reply simply because I have never heard anything, good or bad, about Emily Carr's animation program. The fact that no one else has replied may be due to the same factor, and that definitely raises a red flag. When no information is available about a certain program, it may be because its relatively *new*. I am not sure if that is the case here, but a sparkling new program also raises a red flag for me as the first few classes of students are always the guinea pigs.

Emily Carr itself is a reputable art school, mostly for fine art, design, and photography? But I have certainly never heard any talk of its animation program or heard of anyone going in or coming out of the program.

If I were you I would do more research before spending all your life savings.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
MrConterno
CG Padawan

portfolio
Nicholas Conterno
Student
Gnomon
Hollywood, USA

Send a message via AIM to MrConterno Send a message via MSN to MrConterno Send a message via Yahoo to MrConterno
Quote:
Originally Posted by colesslaw
I read your post previously but didn't reply simply because I have never heard anything, good or bad, about Emily Carr's animation program. The fact that no one else has replied may be due to the same factor, and that definitely raises a red flag. When no information is available about a certain program, it may be because its relatively *new*. I am not sure if that is the case here, but a sparkling new program also raises a red flag for me as the first few classes of students are always the guinea pigs.

Emily Carr itself is a reputable art school, mostly for fine art, design, and photography? But I have certainly never heard any talk of its animation program or heard of anyone going in or coming out of the program.

If I were you I would do more research before spending all your life savings.

She is correct, figured I'd pop in and reinforce the statements.

Time To Answer A Question: 15 Minutes
Time To Thank Someone For An Answer: 30 Seconds

Post of Wisdom

Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
biglip225

portfolio
Mohammed Dreas

thank you guys

MrConterno and colesslaw Iím really thankful for your reply and something came up and I might change my destination to the US cuz I have an uncle there (in LA) and he offered me to stay at his place so Iím considering going to gnomon now but the problem is that I only have about 20K and the program is About 60K so any word of hope there from anyone who can say that if itís possible to raise the money while Iím studying there besides am I eligible to enter the 2 years program with this demo reel

http://www.vimeo.com/10775003

Thank you guys again

Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread