Online Degree

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2010   #1
Online Degree

Hello people, im looking for a school where i can get a quick art degree online, what are some good cheap schools to get an online degree in animation?

Thanks in advance

Old 09 September 2010   #2
animation mentor
ianimate

Old 09 September 2010   #3
quick?
good and cheap?

are you looking for knowledge or just piece of paper?

Need some help with rendering an Redshift project?
http://www.gpuoven.com/

Old 09 September 2010   #4
Actually just the piece of paper. :P, i just want a degree to " have a degree" and get benefits like getting a work visa, and then ill go to Gnomon, for my real education.

Old 09 September 2010   #5
are you an American citizen? because if you aren't, no online diploma/piece of paper is going to help you get a workvisa.

you need a bachelors degree or at least a number of years full time work experience. i don't know of any place that offers a bachelors degree online. (quickly or slowly)

Old 09 September 2010   #6
mm i see, well i guess then online degree is not an option.. well then, any nice and cheap school to get a animation or illustration degree? ( on ground ), my parents want me to go to The art institutes ( -.- they just dont understand theyr a ripoff), and then after getting the degree, get into Gnomon, but i dont want to go to art institues anymore, i've done some research and i even found a website that is working on a future legal action against the school or something like that.. i find nothing but bad things bout the school, so guess i need to find another school, know about any that costs no more than 50k ? o:

Old 09 September 2010   #7
You may want to look into Academy Art College (online) or Laguna College of Art & design

Old 09 September 2010   #8
Originally Posted by googboog8: animation mentor
ianimate

Neither of these are degree courses. Please read threads properly before posting non-helpful replies.

Old 09 September 2010   #9
Originally Posted by googboog8: are you an American citizen? because if you aren't, no online diploma/piece of paper is going to help you get a workvisa.

you need a bachelors degree or at least a number of years full time work experience. i don't know of any place that offers a bachelors degree online. (quickly or slowly)

Considering his profile says he's in America, it's safe to assume he's a resident. Once again, you are adding non-constructive fluff to a thread. Please stop it.

Old 09 September 2010   #10
he said he was looking for a working visa. he might be in USA temporarily. i never assumed anything.
he also agreed with me that an online degree was not an option when i made my case.

anyway. i don't want to argue about this. i have better things to do, and i was only trying to help when i suggested the ianimate and animation mentor.

peace

Old 09 September 2010   #11
Im Mexican actually, i was temporarily in the us studyng highschool, now im back in mexico.
So i need a degree, to later on be able to get a work visa to stay in the us. : )
thanks googboog8 i now you just try to help. : D

Old 09 September 2010   #12
Originally Posted by jesse92: Im Mexican actually, i was temporarily in the us studyng highschool, now im back in mexico.
So i need a degree, to later on be able to get a work visa to stay in the us. : )
thanks googboog8 i now you just try to help. : D

no problem man.. good luck with your search

Old 09 September 2010   #13
Here is another college that offers degree program online in animation. No degree is cheap unless you maybe transfer from community college or maybe go to a good state university.

Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design
BFA in animation (online)

Last edited by RogerRyan : 09 September 2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: edit

Old 09 September 2010   #14
Originally Posted by RogerRyan: You may want to look into Academy Art College (online) or Laguna College of Art & design

I'm an on-campus student at Academy of Art College (now called Academy of Art University). I had heard from classmates that the online class quality can be hit and miss. Although, I work better in a classroom than online, I decided to take a class online this summer to avoid having to commute in to San Fransisco. I learned that the quality of the class really depended on how much the class members brought to the table. There is a lot of online discussions and forum posting amongst classmates, and less direct input from the teacher in my experience. I'd recommend the online classes at the academy online if you are a strongly self motivated and don't mind if some people in the class only post the minimum number of times each week and thus bring the overall quality of the online discussions down. This may not be an issue during a normal semester. It was summer and some people were probably less focused. Anyway, Good luck finding an online school that fits for you.

Old 09 September 2010   #15
I agree that nothing can be compared to in-campus classroom experience. Online may have it's place, but with limits.

Thread Closed share thread