How Does One Get An Internship

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2010
How Does One Get An Internship

Just kinda wondering how you get an internship at a studio. Do most even offer them? Do they list them under their career section or do you have to contact the studio and personally ask? Just kinda wondering how that whole thing works.

Time To Answer A Question: 15 Minutes
Time To Thank Someone For An Answer: 30 Seconds

Post of Wisdom

06 June 2010
Internship

Wish I could help! I'm looking to for an internship, though living in Western Australia there just aint any around locally, so I'm looking for an internship that takes internationals if there is any, keep me posted I'd love to hear what you find. Good luck!

06 June 2010
MrConterno: Most, if not all internships, requires that you are a student. Some even require that you are of Junior level or higher to qualify. They some times have separate sections or they'll just display them along with their normal job offerings. If you're looking for a summer internship right now, then you're pretty much too late in the process since all internships will start or have started. My contact for one studio says that I need to get back in touch with him in January to set up my internship with his company so I would guess that a good time to start looking would be very early in the year.

Artybel: Have you checked out the studios in Sydney and Brisbane? You should also check out Weta. I don't really know if they have internships, but you don't need a NZ work visa because you're from Australia. And like I mentioned before, I think it's probably a bit too late in the process to start looking, but it doesn't mean that there's absolutely nothing available.

06 June 2010
Digital Domain has a modeler intern position available for their venice facility on their website right now.

06 June 2010
Originally Posted by Dare-o: Digital Domain has a modeler intern position available for their venice facility on their website right now.

They actually have quite a few internships listed on their site and some are pretty new (about a week or two old).

06 June 2010
Disney Animation has 2 kinds of intern programs they run about every 6 months.

06 June 2010
thanks for all the information!

Time To Answer A Question: 15 Minutes
Time To Thank Someone For An Answer: 30 Seconds

Post of Wisdom

06 June 2010
Hello!
MrConterno: I maybe can give you some tips. I'm an animator and digital art student at The Game Assembly in Malmö Sweden. In August this year I'm starting my internship at Ubisoft Massive.

First of all, if you looking for an internship apply for as many as you possibly can. In the end most of the studios and companies have lots of work to do and it can take weeks before they even take a look at your application and answer. It's good to have as many doors open as possible.

Some companies have an career section at their web-page were you often can find information about what you need for applying as an intern.
If the company doesn't have any information about internship you can always send a mail and ask if they have possibilities to take an intern.

Artybel: There are actually some few game studios in western Australia. I don't know if they take any interns? follow the link.
http://www.gamedevmap.com/index.php...ion&query=Perth

Here's a site that lists all more famous game companies that are in the world.
http://www.gamedevmap.com/

Hope it helped a little
Cheers

Last edited by paddflask : 06 June 2010 at 08:00 PM.

06 June 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread