Please Help Me!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2010   #31
Originally Posted by GoldenCamel: On a side note, I don't think South Africa is a shitty third world country, they're hosting the world cup this summer, you know.

I know, and I'll be genuinely surprised if it isn't at least partially a disaster. A country where someone is murdered every few minutes, where one in four men is a rapist, where little girls are more likely to be raped than to receive an education, where a huge percentage of the population lives in squalor and poverty under a thoroughly corrupt government while racism is still as rife as it was during Apartheid isn't really a country fit to host any international event, as far as I am concerned.

And I think that living there for 25 years entitles me to my opinion of the place ;-)

Sorry for the OT post but I had to reply to that one.

Old 03 March 2010   #32
Wink

Have you considered Animation Mentor? My husband also didnīt know were to be taught. After a lot of research on the existing schools he had decided that was perfect for him because it is a short program of study (something like 18 months) and you have classes with talented people from the industry - teachers that work on the main studios. He is starting next week, so I canīt tell you about the experience he had yet, but he met a girl that is an alumni and she told him the details and it feels it is fantastic.

About AAU, I am going to study there to get a MFA degree in illustration (since I already have a bachelors in my country). I chose it because it is a different program. Your classes are not fixed, they set the classes by advisement according to your goals. I donīt know about their reputation for the animation program but I do know that a brazilian alumni is working at Pixar and made several scenes for Up movie.

About studying on your on, it have worked to my husband. He already have a strong basis of animation thanks to that and also thanks to a short period course that he had here in Brazil.

Thatīs it, I hope I could help.

Old 03 March 2010   #33
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread