Classical Art Training Abroad?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2010   #1
Classical Art Training Abroad?

Hey everyone,
Not sure if this is right place to post as most people are talking about digital art schools but I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good school that teaches representational art that is not in the U.S.

I would like to study traditional 2D art and become very good at it before I move on to digital and 3D. Also, I would really like to experience another culture while I am studying. The perfect location would be somewhere in South America or possibly somewhere in Asia. After searching for hours and hours I am not having any luck finding anything like this online.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!

Old 02 February 2010   #2
I remember seeing news that Feng Zhu opened a school in Singapore. ILM has a branch in that city state...
http://www.fzdschool.com/
I would also consider India, Europe and Russia. I would not mind studying drawing in Rome or St. Petersburg myself. They have strong traditional approach to drawing and painting. I remember taking art class in NY and instructor told me "why do you ask about anatomy, who cares what's inside just draw what you see..." Abstract crooks :-)

Old 02 February 2010   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread