College degree poll

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

View Poll Results: Pick the best option
I have a degree related to cg 14 56.00%
I have a degree not related to cg 5 20.00%
I got a job without degree 3 12.00%
Went to school for cg but no degree (whatever reason) 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2010   #1
College degree poll

I haven't seen a poll of the cg industry about degrees so I figured I'd start one. There's lots of debate is you need one or should even get one, but I figure this would be the best way to investigate.

Please only vote if you have a job in cg, and you can be more descriptive in your replies (how long you've been in the industry, what degree you got, your thoughts etc etc)

Old 01 January 2010   #2
It's been said a million times by various professionals around here already: you don't need a degree to get a job. That's an indisputable fact. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get one. People can benefit from schooling in many ways, so if you have the time and you can afford it, then it's an opportunity that's definitely worth considering.

There has been so many other threads on this exact topic, so I'm unsure as to why you felt it necessary to start yet another one? I'll leave it open for now.

Old 01 January 2010   #3
I wanted to get a loose sample to see what percentage actually have degrees, I haven't seen a poll on the subject.

Old 01 January 2010   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread