Where to begin- VFX

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  07 July 2009
SpawnOfGaea ,

Can you tell me what's an Associate's Degree ??

I am from India and I don't know much about the American education system
How diffrent is it from the Bachelor's Degree that I have ?

Thanks .
  07 July 2009
an associates is two years of schooling. BA is four years
  07 July 2009
Originally Posted by MKScrivana: an associates is two years of schooling. BA is four years

Thanks a lot ,

Over here we have 3 years for BA .
  07 July 2009
Originally Posted by SpawnofGaea: I wanted to get into the VFX end (the elements, rippling, etc.)

Just for clarification, what you're talking about there is FX, not VFX. VFX is short for visual effects, and is a broad term encompassing all aspects of digital production that are used in the creation of imagery that's added to live action footage - this includes modelling, fur, rigging, lighting, texturing, shaders, FX, compositing, matte painting, etc.
  07 July 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.