Something That My Design School Gave Me That Has Me CONFUSED!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2008   #16
You can use that metal ruler as an *excellent* sword for training your animation timing skills. Plus, it's super useful in drawing characters and stuff.

Old 09 September 2008   #17
Originally Posted by Mic_Ma: You can use that metal ruler as an *excellent* sword for training your animation timing skills. Plus, it's super useful in drawing characters and stuff.

lol, true true.

Old 09 September 2008   #18
On a side note: game art 101- not saving your images as bitmaps. Go change those images on your blog from 3 meg bitmaps to jpegs, or pngs.

Old 09 September 2008   #19
Originally Posted by R10k: On a side note: game art 101- not saving your images as bitmaps. Go change those images on your blog from 3 meg bitmaps to jpegs, or pngs.

wow, 3 megs?! damn sony cybershot, ill update that soon as possible

Old 09 September 2008   #20
Now now, no blaming the camera

I shall have a look when you've made the changes.

Old 09 September 2008   #21
Originally Posted by Kanga: Holy crap! DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS.

More like Dungeons and Cheerleaders (Ooooh, that would go down very well in my RPG collection.)

This might be worth looking into though

Old 09 September 2008   #22
Originally Posted by R10k: Now now, no blaming the camera

I shall have a look when you've made the changes.

you can look now, i changed the pics, only the college pics not the other ones, too lazy

Old 09 September 2008   #23
Originally Posted by SacredM: So im starting college on Oct 6th at IADT (International Academy for Design and Technology) and im studying for a BS degree in Game Design. So i went today to get my books and I.D and all that stuff. I was supprised at how much extra stuff they give you that you would have to actually pay for. BUT GET THIS! When i went home and opened up all my stuff guess what they gave me and probably every student, playing cards and dice? yea, what? It was included in a proper design kit and everything. Everything they gave me was to do with what courses i had for the semester, i have drawing so they gave me drawing pads and supplies, i have intro to game design, so they gave me 3d design and animation books. I was thinking they gave it to me for my math classes but i dont have any this semester and i only have college algebra and Logic.

So my question to you guys, and guys who have gone to game design schools, is there any significance with the cards and dice? Does that help with anything to do with game design? Or am i just blowing this WAY out of preportion.

Consider yourself lucky. My art school didn't give me shit. I had to pay tuition and buy all my books and supplies. Not many schools do what yours is doing. The cards are probably just for downtime when you're relaxing. You can't work all the time you know.

Old 09 September 2008   #24
Originally Posted by JesseGraffam: Consider yourself lucky. My art school didn't give me shit. I had to pay tuition and buy all my books and supplies. Not many schools do what yours is doing. The cards are probably just for downtime when you're relaxing. You can't work all the time you know.

really, didnt give you anything? well mine was included in financial aid so it wasnt bad all of it would have been $500. But i dont wanna relax, lol, i gotta get good at this

Old 09 September 2008   #25
Well they gave me an education. You're gonna have to relax at some point, otherwise you'll burn out. Trust me you'll want to relax eventually. Also most art schools make you pay for books and supplies separately.

Old 09 September 2008   #26
Originally Posted by JesseGraffam: Well they gave me an education. You're gonna have to relax at some point, otherwise you'll burn out. Trust me you'll want to relax eventually. Also most art schools make you pay for books and supplies separately.

true, might play some video games to relax and learn at the same time right, lol! ahhh love being a game design student

Old 09 September 2008   #27
Quote: you can look now, i changed the pics, only the college pics not the other ones, too lazy

Yeah, um... the images are still almost a meg in size. Do they really need to be as large as they are? In future, scale images like that back to 640x480, or something similar, and drop the quality down to 80-90. Crop them if you need to show something close up. Even though it's your blog, don't be lazy. Start working on good digital art practices now.

Blah blah blah, thanks for the images of the stuff anyway. That's quite interesting...

Old 09 September 2008   #28
Originally Posted by R10k: Yeah, um... the images are still almost a meg in size. Do they really need to be as large as they are? In future, scale images like that back to 640x480, or something similar, and drop the quality down to 80-90. Crop them if you need to show something close up. Even though it's your blog, don't be lazy. Start working on good digital art practices now.

Blah blah blah, thanks for the images of the stuff anyway. That's quite interesting...

ok will do in the future when i post my first sketches up, the quality is at 80 tho

Old 09 September 2008   #29
I am not sure if the OP was asking a genuine question or not (hard to tell on the interweb), but seriously, you are about to start a game design course, they give you dice and cards, two of the most used and adaptable pieces of "game equipment" in the world, and you don't know what they are for or their significance?

I hope it is a 4 year course dude . . .

Old 09 September 2008   #30
Originally Posted by DoubleSupercool: I am not sure if the OP was asking a genuine question or not (hard to tell on the interweb), but seriously, you are about to start a game design course, they give you dice and cards, two of the most used and adaptable pieces of "game equipment" in the world, and you don't know what they are for or their significance?

I hope it is a 4 year course dude . . .

its a 3 year course , i was just really confused thats all, they gave me all this pro art stuff and then out of the bag comes out a pack of cards and dice.

Thread Closed share thread