How to I move around in camera view in Blender?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Weeks Ago
How to I move around in camera view in Blender?

I'm trying to get the perfect shot for a scene I'm working on in Blender, which I am completely new at. In Maya, I would only have to go to View>Look through selected (in this case, the camera was already selected) and i could look through it and move around freely. In blender, that's not the case. Whenever I move around in camera view, i'm automatically taken out of camera view and back into perspective view. I've tried looking up how to work around this, no such luck. I'm hoping I can find help here.

-Kevin

4 Weeks Ago
Don't know if you have found the solution yet, but if you press N and scroll down in the menu that pops up simply enable "lock camera to view" now you can zoom and move the view and the camera will follow.

4 Weeks Ago
You might need to toggle the "Lock camera to view" setting in the View Properties panel. From the menu bar, it's View --> View Properties. source:https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/...amera_view.html

4 Weeks Ago
When in perspective mode and you press '0' (zero key) you'll move into the camera thats in the scene. You should create a new camera and use that as your render camera. At the right top of blender you can create a 'second' viewport. So you can look through the camera in 1 viewport and in the other viewport (3D view) you can move the camera around !

hope this makes it a bit clear.

4 Weeks Ago
Thanks guys. These are very helpful replies. :-)

reply share thread