Hi, Advice for an absolute bigger?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2017
Hi, Advice for an absolute bigger?

I use to post on this site a long time ago, maybe 14-15 years ago as a high school student participating in skills canada in 3d animation. I haven't done anything art since graduation. I'm now 30 and fed up in my current career choice in the pipe trade so really trying to rekindle my former passion for the arts. Starting fresh, I do not have the ability to get a formal art education so I'm looking for online education and mentorship.*
My problem is everything i have encountered seem too advanced for me. The other problem from what o have been told is I am too hard on my self, which means I tend to get discouraged and quite. This is why some kind of mentorship might help? Who knows. Anyways if been working on the tutorials on*http://drawabox.com and it's been good. I have done lesson 1, 2 and keep coming back to them as warm ups but I'm having a hard time progressing and finding my self getting bored/ frustrated/ lost. I was looking at subscribing to pencilkings but again everything there seems daunting to me. Would anybody be able to recommend a process, online school or advice that maybe able to help get me passed this funk. I know if I could just get past this hump I could really fall back in lovelove*with art and maybe make a go of it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by JoelLm: I use to post on this site a long time ago, maybe 14-15 years ago as a high school student participating in skills canada in 3d animation. I haven't done anything art since graduation. I'm now 30 and fed up in my current career choice in the pipe trade so really trying to rekindle my former passion for the arts. Starting fresh, I do not have the ability to get a formal art education so I'm looking for online education and mentorship.*
 My problem is everything i have encountered seem too advanced for me. The other problem from what o have been told is I am too hard on my self, which means I tend to get discouraged and quite. This is why some kind of mentorship might help? Who knows. Anyways if been working on the tutorials on*http://drawabox.com and it's been good. I have done lesson 1, 2 and keep coming back to them as warm ups but I'm having a hard time progressing and finding my self getting bored/ frustrated/ lost. I was looking at subscribing to pencilkings but again everything there seems daunting to me. Would anybody be able to recommend a process, online school or advice that maybe able to help get me passed this funk. I know if I could just get past this hump I could really fall back in lovelove*with art and maybe make a go of it.
 Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Hi there:

A tad late in the day responding however in my opinion reading your post there seems to be a focus on 2D workflows, now before recommending a potential learning path, have you a particular discipline/sillset i.e Concept Artist, Animator, Modeller, Rigger...etc in mind that interests you specifically?   

Last edited by sacboi : 1 Week Ago at 11:42 PM.

1 Week Ago
Hi sacboi, "think tank" have  online school. I self never tried, But I following that school for around 4 years, and all stuff what they made so far looks really nice.
https://www.tttc.ca/

reply share thread