CGTalk > Main > Education
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 12-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
vfxbomb
portfolio
USA

Please Recommend me a good VFX or CG college in USA or world

Hi, I'm Sam, I'm new to this forum and I read lot of threads related to animation school suggestion, Have to say you people are awesome in helping others and I really appreciate people like you and I thank you.

I'm looking to study MFA in Visual effects or CG. I have found few good colleges with my research (SCAD, AAU and SVA) but not many. I really seeking help in finding in colleges. Please help to find good colleges for MFA in Visual effects or CG and help to make my decision.

Thank you.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
vfxbomb
portfolio
USA

any suggestion? anyone can help?

Old 01-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
cgs-john
Veteran
John R.
Provo, USA

You ask a difficult question. Compared to schools offering bachelor degrees or some other type of industry certification, those offering a Masters is relatively small. I suspect also that most people in the industries you are considering that are looking an advanced degree are looking for a terminal degree to pursue an opportunity in academia. So if you do not already have a bachelors you may want to consider pursuing that first and then see where your interests actually are when you approach the end of your BS or BFA. If you already have a bachelors degree and want the MFA for academia, then find out what is actually considered a terminal degree for your desired position. There may be more options then what you think, but there may also be restrictions that you are unaware of. You may find that an advanced degree in something else like computer science may meet you needs, and be easier to find.

Good Luck

It is said "Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes." -Frodo

Old 01-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
RiaFX
Explorer
portfolio
Ria Ambrose
VFX Admin
Lost Boys Studios
Vancouver, Canada

Hi Sam,

If you are willing to come to Canada, Vancouver's VFX industry is growing. If you are interested in Visual Effects than I recommend you look into Lost Boys - School of VFX . Lost Boys currently offers two intensive programs, the Advanced VFX Compositing (Nuke/Maya) Program and the Effects Technical Director (Houdini) Program.

Hope this helps and please feel free to check us out on FaceBook or e-mail me (ria@lostboys-studios.com) with any questions.

We have had many students with prior BA's and MA's and MFA and they found that they could not find employment in VFX. In the VFX Industry, it is more your demo reel that lands you the job, than your degrees. That being said we have a 98% placement rate over all our classes to date. All the best and hope you had a Happy New Year!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread