Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
danifrance
portfolio
Alex F
Anchorage,

CGSociety Workshops Question

Hello all!

So, long story short, I'm an aspiring 2D artist beginning my journey in self education after dropping out of art school because the cost was too high. I've done basic foundations in traditional mediums (mostly drawing, some painting) and have recently started using photoshop for artwork.

I was looking into the workshops, specifically Becoming A Better Artist and Absolute Beginners, but I'm not sure which one would be better for me. If anyone has taken these before, or has any suggestions, any input would be much appreciated!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
MisterS
seeking knowledge

portfolio
David Spittle
Civil Design Drafter
Brisbane, Australia

I can vouch for the becoming a better artist course. It's packed to the rim full of information.

As a 2D artist you'll be in your element, and ongoing mentoring packs a lot of value.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #3
danifrance
portfolio
Alex F
Anchorage,

Thanks for the response! I think I'll end up enrolling in that course, as I was leaning towards it to begin with, but it never hurts to ask.

Is there a limit on the amount of people that can enroll in a course?

Old 09-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
MisterS
seeking knowledge

portfolio
David Spittle
Civil Design Drafter
Brisbane, Australia

Regarding course numbers - there were quite a lot - I was a little disappointed initially when I saw the numbers enrolled on the course.

The numbers tapered off rapidly though, some people didn't post ever - you're free to do it at your leisure as well so at week 7 some people are only starting week one so it didn't end up feeling overcrowded.

Usually you post your work and get feedback within 2-3days max. Feedback is as comprehensive as the notes - and I wished I'd done this course years ago as it distills a vast amount of information into a logical order of learning.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #5
danifrance
portfolio
Alex F
Anchorage,

Thanks for the advice! I just wanted to be sure there wasn't a chance of it filling up before I purchased the subscription.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread