Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #1
DauT
portfolio
Michael Mr.
Jersey City, US

Beginner Character Modeling

Im a 15 year old aspiring artist and have played with programs like blender and 3ds max for a number of years searching for tutorials on 3d. However i have yet to produce ANYTHING worth noting. I wish to become good at character modeling. At the moment i have 3ds max, blender, and zbrush at my disposal. Where should someone start if they have NO 3d experience and wish to work their way to creating some of the amazing projects shown by our fellow CG artist. (keep in mind my age).

Thanks in advance

Old 09-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Kanga
KillaRoo

portfolio
Chris Kautz
Freelancer/Character artist.
Netherlands

Send a message via ICQ to Kanga Send a message via MSN to Kanga
Your age is not important. Read as much as you can on traditional art. Study anatomy. Join life drawing classes as soon as possible. Concentrate on making as many studies as you can instead of making one piece that takes a year. Keep an eye on the best work being made and what is selling and make that Keep an eye on the best concept artists as well.

Cheers

Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
dbztoolkit

Here you go this is a easy way

your age is a good thing, myself I was the young kid myself I stopped and i'm taking it back up so I have to forget alot of bad habits and learn new things.

the number one thing i can tell you is study edge workflow, I wish u was using maya so i could show u tools. I use to use max back then, all 3d modeling is the same but really try to study edge flow. I know really start thinking as basic shapes first I know basics isnt something u want todo when u want to make these beautiful life like models. but when u get the basic head down u will understand how to avoid the 5 pointed stars and to keep your models with 4 verts. let me find you some sites and videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xls25e08sSg

Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread